part 14 | where is dream?

we never said "i love you" to each other. it was an unsaid word between us.

after that night, i thought everything will be different. but joohyuk didn't let that happened.

i arrived school and saw joohyuk already doing his works. eunhae got her eyes on him as usual. but this time her eyes were different. i could sense that something had happened between them.

i thought,"if it's important then joohyuk will definitely tell me."

after taking classes, it was lunch time. eunhae approached me and said politely,"unnie, if you don't mind, can we eat dinner together?". i was surprised to see her this side. i guess she had fixed her behavior. i replied with a smile,"yeah, sure".

she said,"you can bring joohyuk oppa if you want, i won't mind". i was quite confused why she said this but i told,"okay, i will ask him then". she nodded and left the office.

i went to the place where i and joohyuk always eat lunch. i waited for a minute and then saw him coming. i waved at him, he smiled. we started to eat and i took the lead of the conversation.

"joohyuk-ah, eunhae invited you for the dinner tonight"

"oh i see", biting on donkatsu he brought. "did something happened between you two? she was acting suspicious, i mean she wasn't the type to talk calmly to me",i asked.

he answered,"nothing special.",while chewing,"when i arrived the office, she came to me and was saying false rumors she knew about you. so i threw some true facts that had shut her mouth up."

"woah, it's a special thing as it's unlike you. she must have said something really wrong to have you act like this",i said. he nodded while eating. he had his cheeks puffed. it was cute.

"if you're this hungry, you should've told me. i would have brought some more food", i said while caressing on his hair.

"y/n, do you remember that day when you asked about our relationship?",he asked."did i? i don't remember. i must be drunk then",i said.

"yes you were",he replied and i lightly punched on his arms. "it's true. that day, the question struck in my mind. while i was away from you, i tried not to think about you. i thought you were a distraction to me. so i avoided all the messages and calls you did. i tried doing this for years but everyday was suffocating".

i could see his tears forming in his eyes. i said while pretending to be angry,"yah why didn't you tell me this earlier? i thought you didn't have anything for me. i thought that i was having a one-sided love".

he smiled, looking at me with teary eyes and said," y/n, i'm really grateful to have you again".

sudden change of his behavior got me feeling bitter-sweet. i tried to change the topic by saying,"hey, let's just focus on the food",holding his hands.

he laughed and said,"you always think about food",i also laughed.

timeskip

we had dinner together along with eunhae. she was kinda awkward around joohyuk but i tried to help her not to feel.

it was time to go home. eunhae left first. we were waiting for the bus to come, suddenly he uttered as he remembered something important,"i totally forgot to tell you. our school will organize a fest and the principal made a request to perform."

"what? i didn't know. was there an announcement? and how did he know about our performance?",i asked.

"no, not yet though. actually he knows me because of my dad. he had watched our performance at that time".

"so now we have to go back to our college days?"

"yes"