▹ right person, wrong time.

2017

Leo has always been introverted and quiet, but he's always been that with a friendly look on his face, never once looking unapproachable

However, in this little suv that had him along with four other members stuffed in the back, he looks anything but friendly. The members have never seen him like this - but what the younger ones are seeing, isn't what Jeonghan is seeing.

Dino and Vernon see a furrow-browed Hyung in the seat in front of them, his fists clenched ferociously tight in his lap, his eyes trained out over the passing buildings, but it was obvious it was all going unseen by his brain that clearly had something bothering him,

But to Jeonghan, who's older and just slightly more observant, he sees not an angry boy, but a sad one; a heartbroken one, who's usually broad shoulders are caving in, and in his reflection on the window, it's clear as day to Hannie the melancholy feelings that are swirling around in Leo's dark eyes.

The drive back to the dorms remain quiet however, the youngsters having no idea how to approach the scary, unknown situation, and Jeonghan deciding to dive into what's bothering his member once they were alone in their shared bedroom.

So, the day went on like normal - albeit Leo's silent and brooding demeanor, but Jeonghan informed the other inhabitants of the dorm to pay the boy no mind, and that he'd look into it himself. Once the time came, the two boys having washed up and are now snuggled into their duvets, bed lamps off and the moonlight peeking through the small crack between the curtains. Jeonghan stared at Leo's still back, knowing he's still wide awake, and probably staring off into space as his thoughts slowly consume him, eating away his ability to fall asleep.

"Talk to me Wook-ah,"

No response, despite Hannie's voice making Leo internally cringe as he had no desire to speak, the latter stays silent in hopes Jeonghan would lay off and go sleep.

However, Leo knows better and knows Yoon Jeonghan is one nosy kid who wouldn't think twice in pestering his members about their feelings if it were negatively effecting their mood - and Jeonghan shows that trait as he throws off his warm covers, crosses the space between, and slides into Leo's bed. He sits up with his arms crossed, waiting, and when he gets no answer, Jeonghan nodges the boy with his hips.

He keeps doing it until, fed up with his member, Leo twists to lay on his back to glare up at Jeonghan.

"Speak or be nudged more."

Still he says nothing, throws caution to the wind and twists back around to give Jeonghan his broad back.

"Just go back Jeong-"

"It's Seulgi isn't it ?"

Silence; all that can really be heard is the feint sound of the humidifier beside Leo's bed. Eventually giving up his vow of silence, Leo turns back around, and drops his brooding facade as he lays his head in Jeonghan's lap, one arm thrown over to cuddle his legs. Finally, Leo let's the sadness inside shine through with his downturned lips.

"What happened ?" Hannie starts to thread his fingers through the boys blonde locks. "You guys seemed great at the music show today."

"We were great," Leo sighs heavily. "Until I confessed and she rejected me."

"She what !?" Jeonghan blurts out loudly, momentarily forgetting it was nearing one in the morning and the whole house was asleep with teenage boys who grouch if they don't get a good night's rest - but he was confused. Just a few days ago, Seulgi had been looking at Leo with the most adoring look on her face, and anyone who's got a functioning brain could tell she liked him, more than a friend.

Leo and Seulgi have been co-hosts on Inkigayo for three weeks now. Becoming hosts is what lead to their fist meeting, and although things were awkward at first, the tension didn't take long to dissipate between the two - especially when Leo kept finding himself wanting Seulgi to feel comfortable around him, which caused him to constantly crack silly and corny jokes that somehow always seemed to make her laugh.

It took just three days for them to address each other as friends, twelve to realise their friendship is quite important to them and life has been a bit better with the other in it, and twenty one days for Leo to realise he was nose-deep in romantic feelings for her.

Today was Seulgi's last day as a host as she'd be leaving for Red Velvet's three-day concert in Japan, and her spot would be replaced by another female idol. He was sad he wouldn't see her for a while, and had to share the position he quickly grew to love solely because of his partner, with someone else; and these sad feelings brought him to confess.

"I told her I liked her when we were left alone in the dressing room," Leo begins as he recalls how she seemed to look even prettier earlier today with the smile she wore after her group one their first win for their comeback.

"I was so proud and happy for her, knowing how hard she always works. I hugged her for the first time,"

"And did she pull away ?"

Another sigh. "No, in fact I swear I felt her arms hold me tighter when I rubbed her back. Things went wrong when I pulled away, but I didn't dare move far away from her. It was like my body was glued to the spot, and it just came out."

Jeonghan was glad Leo couldn't see the scowl he pulled. "So what, she just said she didn't like you and left you there ?"

Leo timidly shakes his head in Hannie's lap. "Worse. What she said was so much worse, and so much that I wished that's what she did instead."

Jeonghan is confused for a moment, squinting his eyes as his fingers still thread through Leo's hair; he thinks, until it hits him - just as he feels something wet seep through his pajama pants.

"She said she liked me back Jeonghan," the sigh Leo let's out this time makes his body shudder, and more tears spill to find home on Hannie's pants.

"But she's afraid. She's afraid the companies won't approve of us, and that us being together could tarnish both our groups rep,"

Jeonghan hates that he understands Seulgi; he hates that her words hold so much truth and understanding, because it's clearly breaking his member's heart before his very eyes.

"But the worse was when she held my hands in hers, " Jeonghan watches as Leo stares at his hand, as if the girls was still there, tightly clutching his. "And said "you're the right person Jae, I'm sure of it, but our time isn't now,"."

Jeonghan begrudgingly shuts his eyes, his arms snaking around Leo's shaking frame as he allows him to cry harder into his lap. There wasn't much he could say, as this was just one of those situations where you can't just miraculously makes things better - all that he can do is hold and comfort his member.

"Do you feel she's the right person Wook-ah ?" he speaks softly to the fragile boy in his arms.

"Yes."

"Then your time will come, I'm sure of it. Just be strong until then, okay ?"

Leo sniffles, and nods his head in response.

𔘓.