Wattpad Original

| 12 | Checkout

⥐ ⋞ ☽ ⋟ ⥐

| Jackson |

When the door to Damon's room opened, Jackson took his eyes off the Alpha and looked over there to see Heir Lucian. The white-haired demon stood there with an aggravated expression on his face, a look that made it seem as though he was being made to do something he didn't want to do again.

"What do you want?" Damon growled, glaring at Lucian.

Lucian didn't look at Damon, though. He set his blue eyes on Jackson. "There's been a change of plan. You're heading out today—"

"What?" Jackson questioned, confused. "But...aren't you supposed to be training me to use my demon stuff or something?"

"There isn't time for that anymore. Sebastien will teach you what you need to know on the way. The hunters your little muto friend was hanging around with are looking for you, and we think it's a good idea to get you out of the city and on your way to Greykin Valley before the hunters track you here."

Jackson frowned. "The lab is in Greykin Valley?"

"Why are you only just telling us this?" Damon snarled.

"Because it wasn't important to you until now," Lucian replied as he shot a hostile glare at the Alpha.

Jackson shook his head. "We can't go today. Damon still needs to rest, and I literally just saw Everston pulling pieces of silver bullets out of Sebastien, so—"

"Stop with the damn noise," Lucian complained, moving his hand to imitate a talking mouth. "A doctor's coming down to check him out," he said, glancing at Damon. "Is your little friend staying here or going with you?"

By little friend, Jackson was sure Lucian was talking about Wilson. "Uh...he's coming with us."

Damon grunted irritably in response to his answer.

"Can I go and tell him?" Jackson asked.

"You'll see him when you get to the loading bay. A van will take you as far as it can, then you'll have to navigate the forest on your own. Sebastien will be able to contact us where there's a signal, so if you have important updates, that would be the time to share them. When you get to the lab, you don't go inside or anywhere near it. You wait until Sebastien calls us in," Lucian explained sternly.

"And the hunters?" Damon questioned as he sat up.

"We've got some people keeping an eye on them. They're going to lead the hunters away from you and keep them away. Your priority is getting to the lab, so I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but I'll tell you anyway: don't stop for anyone or anything. Get the job done."

Jackson glanced at Damon. The Alpha looked like he was about to throw himself at Lucian, and it was understandable why. This guy was rude as hell, and he was incredibly vague sometimes, too. Although Lord Caedis' accent made it a little hard to understand what he was saying, Jackson felt as though he'd rather have him explaining all of this right now.

"Got it?" Lucian asked expectantly.

"Y-yeah," Jackson said with a nod.

"Good. All your gear is out there," he said, nodding to the waiting room. "Get ready." He looked at Damon. "The doctor will be here in a sec." Then, he left.

Jackson exhaled deeply and shook his head.

"Asshole," Damon growled quietly.

"He can't be serious," Jackson said worriedly. "You've only been here for a day; you just had surgery."