Wattpad Original

| 45 | Final Warning

⥐ ⋞ ☽ ⋟ ⥐

| Damon |

Damon tried to focus on the fact that his body felt a whole lot better after bathing in the lake, but he couldn't stop seething. Jackson was spending more and more time with Wilson, and whenever he looked at the muto, Damon saw a look in his eyes that made him want to pounce. He was certain that Wilson wanted his mate for himself, and Damon wasn't going to let it happen.

He glanced back at them while he led the way towards a glade. Jackson was talking about his stepdad, and Wilson was staring at him with that longing look in his eyes. And every time Jackson said something, Wilson had to butt in and make it about something he did with Jackson however many years ago.

The Alpha clenched his jaw and scowled ahead as the snow started falling. He wanted to put that tiger in his place so badly, but he knew that it would hurt Jackson, and that was the last thing he wanted to do. But he could only put up with so much.

"Do you think Kane will send more wolves this time, chief?" Tokala asked, walking beside him.

"It's possible," he replied, glancing at him. "Sebastien should return with a number soon, and then we can plan before we reach our ambush point."

"What if we found some cadejo?" Lance suggested.

"I, uh...don't think that would work," Julian called. "Kane's used to dealing with them."

"And it's too dangerous," Wesley uttered. "After that infected fae, we have no idea what else might be out here."

Damon couldn't formulate a solid plan until he knew how many wolves he was dealing with. However, he could throw out ideas and ask for them from his pack. "Whether Kane sends ten wolves or twenty wolves, we're equipped to deal with it. Not only do we have me and Sebastien, but we also have Jackson. His demon ethos is probably our biggest asset right now," he said, glancing at his mate, who looked a little flustered in response to his compliment. "But if anyone has any ideas, you can share them."

Remus stuttered, "What about...well...I don't know."

"What about what?" Bly asked with an encouraging tone.

"Well..." Remus drawled. "I was thinking about what happened to Brando back when we were at that castle ruin."

"Oh, the mine?" Brando called.

"Yeah," Remus said with a nod. "What if we find a cave and collapse the entrance? That way, we don't even have to kill anyone. I mean...they'll probably starve to death eventually, actually...."

"Good," Wesley snarled. "They all deserve a slow, painful death for what they did to Alastor and Enola."

"Or we could lead them into a cave and Jackson fills the place with fire," Wilson called.

The rage buried inside Damon began to surface as he snarled and sharply turned his head to look back at him. "How many fucking times do I have to tell you to keep your fucking nose out of my pack's business?!" he yelled, stopping and turning to face him.

As the pack came to an unsure halt, Wilson scoffed and shoved past Lalo so that he could see Damon. Lalo stumbled and complained, and everyone else quickly backed away.

"If I have something to say, I'm gonna fucking say it," Wilson snapped back.

Jackson stepped in front of Wilson and frowned disapprovingly. "Can we please not do this here?"

"If not here, then where?!" Wilson snarled at him.

And that made Damon even angrier.

"I'm sick of this controlling, possessive piece of shit talking to me like I'm a stupid child!" Wilson growled, taking his eyes off Jackson to scowl at Damon. "You might be able to treat everyone else like a bitch, but I'm done sitting down and taking your bullshit!"