Wattpad Original

| 34 | Declaration

⥐ ⋞ ☽ ⋟ ⥐

| Damon |

Seventy wolves against fourteen. Damon didn't like those odds, and even with a muto and a kludde, his pack were at a disadvantage. But that was only if they faced Kane's pack all at once. If he could separate them and attack the hostiles in smaller groups, then they'd stand more of a chance. But he couldn't make any solid plans until he knew exactly what to expect.

He looked across the burrow at Julian. Would he be able to get all the information he needed from that kid? He dragged his hand through his hair and watched Jackson talk to Wilson. The last thing he wanted was to let his mate take part in something so dangerous, especially when he was so new to all of this. And Jackson wasn't prepared. He was only beginning to learn how to use his demon ethos, and there was no way that he was ready for a fight like the one that was brewing.

Damon stood up, but before he could make his way over to Julian, the sound of something scraping across the ground snatched his attention. He turned to face the noise, and when he saw Sebastien dragging an unconscious, naked man into the burrow, he frowned strangely. But he saw a symbol burned into the man's upper left arm in the same place all wolf walkers had their pack marks. That was one of Kane's wolves.

"There were twelve of them heading north," Sebastien said once he dropped the man. Then, he shifted into his human form. "Whoever this guy works for was the one responsible for Enola's death."

Julian shot to their feet. "T-that's Kyle!" they exclaimed.

Damon asked, "Who's Kyle?"

"One of Kane's Betas," they answered, moving closer.

Everyone gawped at the unconscious man.

"I killed one of the others, but the second one I grabbed must have been an Epsilon. Some other wolf reacted when I killed it," Sebastien said.

"Hecate was there?" Julian questioned.

"I didn't get any of their names—well, one was called Ellis," the white-haired demon answered.

Damon scowled and clenched his fist. Ellis, the black wolf who came to tell him that his pack needed to vacate the old Nosferatu Consulate.

"Ellis, too?" Julian frowned in confusion.

"What?" Damon asked, stepping closer to them. "What do you know?"

Julian looked at him. "W-well, it's just...Kane only sends his best team out to do things like herd cadejo or divert a pack he's targeting. No offence, but...killing wolves is an Eta job."

Damon glanced at the unconscious man. He might have more answers than Julian. A Beta was much closer to an Alpha than an Omega was, and there was a chance that Kyle knew exactly what Kane was planning.

"Wake him up," Damon told Sebastien.

"Yeah, uh...about that," Sebastien said, scratching the side of his face.

"What?" Damon questioned. "You're a demon."

"Yeah, but not the kind that can just wake people up and send them to sleep." He crouched beside the unconscious man and started shaking him. "This is the best I got, man."

Damon rolled his eyes and looked at Tokala. "Find something to tie him up with."

The orange-haired man nodded and went over to where the pack left their bags.

"Do you think he can tell us what Kane's planning?" Jackson asked Julian.

"I mean...maybe," they answered as Jackson and Wilson stood beside them. "Kyle and Ellis were always the closest to Kane; some of us thought they were even closer than Kane was to his Luna."