Wattpad Original

| 47 | Kane Ardelean-Blood

⥐ ⋞ ☽ ⋟ ⥐

| Jackson |

Ellis started laughing as Damon backed away and tried to run to Jackson, but the swarm of wolves hit the glade like a tsunami. Jackson and Wilson were surrounded by twenty hostiles before they could attempt to move, and when a wave of at least fifty enemies hit Damon, the Alpha tried to fight them off, but they quickly overpowered him.

They overpowered everyone. There were at least thirty wolves to one, and Damon's pack didn't stand a chance.

"Damon!" Jackson called as panic gripped him in a tight, cold fist. "Da—"

The wolves clamped their jaws around Jackson's arms, legs, and wings, pinning him down on his back the same way they pinned Damon. Several wolves latched onto Wilson, stopping him from swiping and kicking.

Jackson had to use the inimă—it was the only way he could get out of this.

But then he saw him, and the fear that struck him made him freeze.

A wolf as black as an abyss. His eyes were as white as the snow, and the steel, jewel-encrusted bracers on both of his upper front legs shimmered brightly in the white of the snow. He prowled through the ocean of wolves, his eyes fixed on Damon, who growled and snapped his jaws, trying to escape from under the wolves keeping him down.

Something of an amused cackle came from the black wolf, and the closer he got, the louder his voice became in Jackson's head. And this time, he heard more than pieces of sentences.

"So, you're the piece of shit who's been killing my wolves?" the black wolf questioned, stopping in front of Damon.

His wolves? Was that...Kane?

The black wolf's face possessed ghastly scars; three slash marks which were clearly inflicted by claws cut down from the top of his head and around to the right side of his face, barely missing his eye. It went down to his neck and ended on his right shoulder.

Damon snarled in response. He was still trying to get free, but it was no use, was it?

Jackson began struggling to take full breaths. What the hell were they going to do?

The inimă—

"And that must be your half-breed mate, correct?" Kane asked with a grunt, looking over at Jackson.

"J-Jackson," Wilson grunted.

Jackson struggled to break eye contact with Kane, but once he did, he looked at Wilson.

"D-do something!" the tiger growled.

But then Kane started moving towards Jackson. "I see you," he said, a challenging tone in his voice. "And I see that look in your eyes, boy. If you so much as try anything, your entire pack dies."

Fear flooded through Jackson as his blood ran cold.

When Kane reached him, he moved his very human-looking front leg towards him and revealed a paw which looked almost like Damon's Prime form. He gripped Jackson's chin and lifted his head so that he'd look up at him, and a smirk crept across the black wolf's scarred face.

"Aren't you a pretty little thing?" he drawled.

Jackson wanted to pull his head away, but he was terrified that if he did anything at all, Kane would hurt his friends.

However, Kane quickly lost interest in him and prowled away. "You little fuckers really thought you'd get away with all of this, didn't you?!" he called angrily as he moved around the bloody battlefield. "You filthy mix-pack scum!" he yelled furiously, stomping his front paws down into the snow. Then, he hurried over to Damon and glared into his eyes, his face just inches from his. "I'm going to make you regret every single drop of blood you've spilt from my pack. I'm going to make you suffer for every life you took."