Wattpad Original

| 80 | Him

⥐ ⋞ ☽ ⋟ ⥐

| Sebastien |

The moment Sebastien stepped through the manor doors, he pulled Raphael aside and asked him, "Where's Lord Caedis?"

"Still down in the conference hall somewhere," he mumbled. "Why?"

"I need to speak to him," he said as he morphed into his human form.

"Hmph," Raphael huffed and walked off.

Sebastien waited as patiently as he could, his legs trembling, his heart racing. Once everyone left the hall, he used his claws to cut his palm and smeared his blood on the very middle floor tile. The marble trembled and transformed, revealing the staircase which led down to the conference hall, and he raced down as fast as his legs would carry him.

When he reached the doors, he heaved one open and sprinted across the conference hall and to the door between the rows of seats. He pulled it open and navigated the narrow corridor to its end, and with a breathy, frantic huff, he pushed open the oak double doors—

He froze when he saw both Caedis and Zalith naked on the couch; Caedis was on his hands and knees, and Zalith kneeled behind him—they stopped fucking the moment Sebastien burst in and sharply turned their heads, setting their hostile gazes on him.

"Get zhe fuck out!" Caedis yelled furiously.

Sebastien immediately darted out of the room and pulled the doors shut behind him. Seeing his bosses having sex was traumatizing enough but knowing that he was about to get the scolding of his life was worse. He knew that he was supposed to knock.

He shook his head as he walked back towards the conference hall, trying to unsee what he'd just seen, but he could hear their moans echoing down the corridor, and holding his hands over his ears wasn't enough to block out the sound.

When he got to the conference hall, he pulled out one of the seats and sat down. He waited, tapping his fingers on the table. But the longer he sat there, the heavier his angst became. Seeing that...thing out in the woods after such a long time horrified him. He couldn't shake the anxious chill that ensnared his tense body, and the longer he let the fear consume him, the harder it became for him to fight off the haunting, dismaying memory of that night.

The door behind him swung open with a loud bang—

Sebastien jumped to his feet and turned to face Caedis just in time to see his infuriated face—and his fully clothed body. His boss snatched his collar and pinned him down on the table.

"'Ow many fucking times do you need to be told to knock on zhe fucking doors?!" Caedis exclaimed, anger seething from his hell-fiery eyes.

"I-I'm sorry," Sebastien stuttered, meek in his boss' enraged gaze. "I-I really need to tell you so—"

"Zhen use a fucking phone!"

"It's the phantom!" he exclaimed, panting.

The furious look on Caedis' face slowly contorted into a confused one.

"I saw it," Sebastien continued. "Antlers, red eyes, the runes."

Caedis gradually released his grip on Sebastien's neck, and when he stepped back, adorning a concerned, pondering expression, Sebastien stood up straight and stared at him.

"It wanted Jackson—it wants Jackson," he said worriedly. "It almost had him, but we got there in time to send it running. But it was him, My Lord, I swear."