Strain

"Would you pick up your shit," I roll my eyes, chucking a pile of dirty laundry in Tyler's room

"Ugh why are you yelling this early," He groans, rubbing his eyes. "It's three pm you lazy shit," I reply, shutting his door before heading down the hall in the direction of the sound of talking in the living room.

I enter the large open floor kitchen, wincing as the bright sun shines through the floor to ceiling windows.

"I thought we agreed to keep the curtains shut today," I mumble, still reeling from the worst hangover I've ever experience.

I turn, wondering why nobodies replying only to see Lucien on the sofa with his tongue down Harper's throat.

"Uh hum," I clear my throat loudly, causing Harper to pull away from Lucian who doesn't seem too pleased with my presence.

He glares at me before attempting to resume kissing Harper, only to be swatted away. "Stop," She giggles. "Sorry Emilio," She apologies, smiling at me as I walk to the fridge. 

"Don't listen to him, he's just mad he can't keep a girl," He snorts, causing Harper to scold him quietly.

I recently just got out of a seven month relationship with this girl back in England. I loved her, or I thought I did.

I gave her everything, all my time and attention as well as buying her literally anything she could wish for but It wasn't enough.

She was the artistic type, always drawing or journaling and one day whilst I was waiting for her to get out of the shower I spotted her journal, open and laying out on her pillow.

I know I shouldn't have but the curiosity was killing me so I read the open page. Imagine my surprise when I read page after page of her declaring her love for my brother.

Her journal was an homage to Lucian, with in depth paragraphs admiring every aspect of him as well as a detailed log tracking his every movement and pages of her brainstorming ideas of how to get rid of his girlfriend, Harper.

Let's just say the relationship ended pretty quickly after that.

When I told Lucien he thought it was the funniest shit he's ever heard, laughing hysterically and still joking about it till this day.

I would never admit it but it hurts much more than I've ever let on which is why over the past few months our relationship has been strained to say the least.

The more rational side of me realises that it's not his fault but I still hold a lot of resentment towards him which is why when we moved here my dad insisted on us living in the same villa, hoping we'd work out our differences.

I agreed to help my dad with his business solely because I wanted to get out of London and escape any memories of her. Besides I didn't have any purpose over there, I had no reason to get a job and it was getting boring sitting around doing nothing all day.