Dead man walking

"What the fuck happened?" Miles shouts, approaching the car with Lucian and Harper behind him as I prop Serena up in the front seat

I close the door gently, turning to face them. "She had a panic attack and passed out," I sigh, the imagine of her terrified face gasping for her burned into my brain.

"What-why?" Harper stutters out, concern etched into the features.

"I don't know but something fucking happened," I grit. "She's covered in cuts and mud, her knees are all bloody and a girl told me she came stumbling out the woods begging for a phone," I explain, clenching my fists to try and release some of my anger.

"So you didn't see anything?" Lucian questions. "No." I grumble, furious I didn't find who did this to her.

"Our useless fucking security is searching the grounds now," I scoff, circling around the car to the drivers door.

We all climb in, remaining in tense silence as I start the car and drive off. I look over at her every few minutes, desperate to make sure she's okay, physically at least.

"You don't think I should take her to the hospital do you?" I ask no one in particular. "All this stress can't be good for her," I add anxiously.

"Well she has another treatment appointment tomorrow doesn't she? Maybe you should hold off until then," Miles suggests.

"Yeah we'll keep an eye on her tonight," Lucian agrees, lighting up a cig in the backseat. I nod, trying to push down the intense worry I'm experiencing.

The drive home consists of my skilful speeding, my priority to get Serena home as soon as possible.

We arrive home just as the sun goes down.

"Need help?" Tyler asks as I open Serena's door. "Nah I've got her but can you take in her bag," I ask, motioning towards her tote bag before gently picking her up.

I hold her limp body close to my chest, her arms dangling at her sides as I carry her into the house.

Everyone immediately collapses on the sofa, the day being too eventful and draining. I carry Serena through the house and to our room, carefully lowering her to the bed.

I quietly walk over to the oak dresser draws in the corner of the room, pulling out a pair of her pyjama shorts before heading to my side of the closet and grabbing one of my hoodies.

I return to the bed, peeling off her shoes and dress. I change her before tucking her under the silk sheets and quietly exiting the room.

"Is she okay?" Harper asks for the tenth time since we left the concert. "Still asleep," I mumble, running a stressed hand through my hair.

I sigh as I sit down next to her on the sofa, my mind racing with all the possibilities of what could have happened to Serena today.

I don't have much time to imagine because as soon as my thoughts start to race the doorbell rings.