Adrenaline

"I just think you need to be reminded," He smiles, his hand grasping my cheek while the other pulls me closer

Before I even have time to react his lips are on mine, his tongue trying to enter my mouth. I immediately try and back away, pushing at his chest.

I stumble backwards, managing to slip out of his grip before attempting to run but as soon as I turn around he grabs me and drags me to the ground.

My back scrapes along the twigs and rocks buried in the muddy soil, sending tiny twinges of pain across my skin.

He falls on top of me, knocking the wind out of my stomach as his hands travel along my body.

"Please stop James I don't want this," I cry as he bites my neck, his hand trying to pry open my thighs.

"I love you," He says breathlessly, attempting to unbuckle his belt.

I take the chance to put all my strength into kneeing him in the groin, causing him to hunch over in pain.

"What the fuck," He screams as I scamper to my feet. I stand over him as he whines, pulling my leg back and delivering a kick straight to his head.

He lets out a guttural sound, falling over and clutching his head. I don't stick around, bolting into what I pray is the right direction as I follow the sound of distant music.

My brain is hazy as I stumble over branches and tree roots, falling multiple times. I let out a cry of relief as I push through the last row of trees, other concert goers coming into my field of view.

I look around, my heart beating so fast and my adrenaline pumping so strongly that thinking about anything other than surviving proves to be a challenge. I struggle to remember where I had left Emilio and the rest of the group.

"Excuse me," I call out, stumbling towards a girl. She turns to me, looking me up and down.

"Can I borrow your phone quickly please," I stutter out, trying to compose myself so I don't look like a crazy person.

"Um are you okay?" The girl asks, eyeing my muddy dress and scraped knees. "Yep, fine," I rush out, bouncing on the balls of my feet.

"I just really need to make a call," I plead, turning around to scan the forrest every ten seconds.

"Do you need to call the police?" She questions.

"No no," I reply much too suspiciously, remembering how Emilio has drilled into me to try and keep the police out of things as much as possible.

I smile at her, trying to pretend that everything's okay as I eye the phone she's clutching in her hand.

Her eyes once again drifts down to the messy state of my outfit. "Seriously I'm fine," I assure her. "I'm just really clumsy," I laugh, the noise sounding forced and pained.

Suddenly the sound of my name being shouted can be heard over the music. I turn, terrified that I'd spent too much time begging this girl and James has caught up with me.

When my eyes land on Emilio I am flooded with relief. "Serena!" He shouts, storming over with Tyler beside him.

As he gets closer I notice that he looks angry but I don't care, I just want to be back in his safety again.

"Are you fucking kidding? Did you not think to let us know you wouldn't be coming back?" He yells, causing my eyes to widen at the sudden hostility.

"We've been looking for you," He shouts, coming to a stop in front of me.

I flinch back, the way he's screaming at me reminding me of James. My chest starts rising and falling quickly, my heart bounding so forcefully I feel as though I can feel it in my ears.

I open my mouth, wanting to clear things up so he won't be so angry with me but nothing comes out but a sob.

Once the first tears escape the rest come down full force like a damn opening.

I shove my face into my hands, crying heavily as I let out choppy breathes. I can hear Emilio's panicked voice but I can't quite hear what he's saying, the words muffled and incoherent.

I flinch as he pulls me into his chest, wrapping his arms around me.

Usually being in his arms is enough to easy any of my worries but right now it's doing nothing but further my panic, his hold only reminding me how I was pinned down in the forest moments before.

It doesn't take long for me to realise I can't breathe.

"What happened," I hear Emilio question, his voice quiet and distant.

"I-I don't know she just came out of the woods and started asking me for my phone," Another voice stutters out.

My chest tightens, my face still hiding in my shaky hands.

I hear the distance sound of cursing and orders being barked out but I can't focused on anything but the imagine of James and Emilio's angry faces, the imagines moulding together and become interchangeable.

I can't draw any air into my lungs.

"Serena," A voice calls out repetitively, cutting through my clouded mind. "Serena look at me," The voice urges, prying my hands away from my face.

"Come on take a deep breath," They instruct. I try to suck in a harsh breath as I blink away my tears, making the figure in front of me much more visible.

"That's it, come back to me," Emilio says, tucking my hair behind my ear.

I try to reach out to him. I want to tell him that we need to get out of here right now but I'm unable to speak, my lungs still desperate for air.

I clutch the grass beneath me, just now realising that I'm sat on the ground. Emilio's face becomes more visible, his worried eyes staring at me as both him and Tyler kneel in front of me.

"Good girl just keep breathing," Emilio encourages. I start to calm down, my breaths still choppy but much slower.

Just as I'm about to fully compose myself the feeling of being watched returns. My eyes dart around sporadically until eventually they land on a muddy figure in the distance.

My breathing picks up once again, my eyes glossing over.

"No no Serena just-" A panic voiced pleads but I'm too far gone to listen, my eyes rolling back in my head.