Conceal

I stir awake, the bright morning rays beaming down from the sun and annoyingly shining directly in my eyes

I toss about for a few moments before peeling my eyes open.

I climb out of bed, noting the empty space where Emilio usually lies before heading to the bathroom. I peel off my clothes and stare in the mirror, analysing my puffy eyes before turning around and taking a look at my cut up back.

Last nights events come rushing back to me.

James, the knife, the forrest, his hands trying to pry apart my thighs-

"Serena?" Emilio's voice calls out as he enters the bathroom. I immediately pick up the hoodie off the bathroom counter and hold it in front of my body, feeling the need to cover myself up.

I don't remember much of what happened after I made it out of the woods so I'm not sure what exactly Emilio knows. It's not that I won't tell him either way but I'm not sure how many details I'd like to include.

He looks me up and down as I stand in front of him grasping the hoodie, his eyes a mix of sympathy and guilt.

"You don't have to hide for me, it's okay," He assures, approaching me and turning me around to get a look at my back.

"Do they hurt?" He ask, tracing one of the larger gashes. "A little," I reply truthfully.

He sighs, pulling me in front of him. I look up into his green eyes, unsure of what to say.

"You need to tell me what happened," He says after a few moments of silence, cupping my face and tracing my jawline with his thumb.

"I-" I stutter out, my words falling short.

"Okay," He breathes out. "Just go have your shower and we can talk over breakfast," He decides, nodding to himself. He pecks my lips before exiting the bathroom, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I climb into the shower, letting the hot water cascade down my body and wash off all the grime from yesterday. I'm in there for so long that the water starts scolding my skin.

Eventually I climb out, drying myself off before changing into a simple pair of grey joggers and a white crop top. I hear Emilio in the bedroom so I walk hesitantly towards the door.

I'm scared to tell him because I don't know how he'll react to the information that I saw James. I don't want him thinking I just skipped off into the woods to make out with my ex.

I walk into the bedroom, my eyes landing on Emilio who's laid out on the bed, his joggers hanging off his hips as he props himself up with his elbows.

"Took your time," He teases. I roll my eyes fondly, shuffling over to the bed.

"I didn't know what you wanted so I made one of everything," He smiles, looking proudly over the tray laying next to him.

"Wow you made all this?" I gush, looking down at the pancakes, hash browns, fruit, bacon, eggs and waffles all crammed onto a plate next to a tall glass of orange juice.