Brainstorm

I wake up, a smile tugging at my lips as I stretch under the silk sheets

I let out a sigh of contentment, finally feeling rested as the sun beams through the floor to ceiling windows and down onto my skin.

That feeling of relaxation quickly dissipates when I glance at the clock. "Three pm?" I exclaim to myself, shocked that I have slept that long.

I hop out of bed, shuffling to the bathroom and pealing off my clothes. I take a long shower, letting the warm water fall down my body and wash off any grime still left from the hostel.

Wrapping my body in a towel, I walk over to the dresser, expecting to find the same pile of Harper's borrowed clothes that I left here but when I open the draw there's rows of unfamiliar neatly folded items.

My eyes drift towards the top of the dresser where a folded piece of paper catches my attention. I open it, reading the slightly scruffy handwriting.

'Got these for you. Check the wardrobe, if there's anything missing let me know.' The note reads.

Feeling a surge of excitement, I scurry to the wardrobe only to find it completely packed with new clothes. Not only is there numerous expensive looking items, there's also clothes in my style which he could have only known if he payed attention to the way I dress.

I smile brightly at his thoughtfulness, the little girl inside me having to suppress a squeal at the sight of all these outfits.

I walk back over to the dresser, pulling out a pair of comfortable shorts and a sweater before putting them on.

I tie my hair into a messy bun as I walk out the room, heading towards the sound of chatter in the living room.

I enter, seeing the boys sprawled out across the sofa as Harper stands in the kitchen, making herself a sandwich.

She squeals when she sees me, rushing over. "I'm so happy you're back," She gushes, pulling me into a hug.

I giggle, hugging her back. She returns her attention to making her sandwich as I head over to the sofa.

"You're finally awake, we thought you may have died," Lucian snorts, making room for me on the sofa. I collapse down in between him and Emilio, my body instinctively leaning closer to Emilio.

"I seriously don't know how I slept that long," I laugh. "You were exhausted," Emilio replies, looking up from his phone at me.

"We all were after dad's intrusion," Lucian interjects. "Oh yeah how did that go," I ask, just now remembering how his dad wanted to talk to him.

They all look around at each other sheepishly, almost as if having a silent conversation. 

"He kinda put us on lockdown," Miles reveals. "What do you mean?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.