Soul ties

"What the

"What the.." I groan, my body sliding across a cold metal floor.

My heavy eyelids bat open, my brain hazy and slow. The sudden panic coursing through me overpowers the effects of the morphine, the adrenaline helping to make me more alert.

Where the fuck am I?

I let out another grunt as I'm flung against a metal wall, my head banging against the hard material.

It becomes increasingly more apparent to me that I'm in a moving vehicle. The back of a van if I had to guess.

The vehicle hits a pothole and jolts on the road, causing my body to skid across the floor. I try to put my hands out to brace my impact but I quickly realise that they're firmly tied behind my back.

I don't know how long I've been back here but it couldn't have been long since I left the hospital.

I can still feel the morphine in my system, dulling the pain from my treatment session and now preventing me from feeling the numerous hits my body is taking.

It must be calming me down mentally too because I'm not nearly as panicked as I thought I'd be. I still feel an overwhelming sense of fear deep in my stomach but my brain is more focused on finding a solution, a way out.

I don't know why or how I'm here but one thing is for certain, I've been kidnapped. If waking up in an unknown van wasn't the first clue, having my hands tied behind my back certainly would be.

Realistically there are two viable suspects: someone involved in the mafia or my ex fiancé.

I literally can't decide which would be worse.

I rack my brain trying to remember what happened at the hospital. I recall the pain I felt after the session, almost puking over Tyler and being comforted by Emilio.

Emilio. Shit.

What if something went down at the hospital, some sort of confrontation?

I curse the morphine in my system for continuing to make my brain cloudy as I'm unable to remember anything that happened after it was injected into my blood stream.

The car drives along steady roads for what must be hours, the journey never seeming to end. From the sound of things we're nowhere near any cities or populated area because for the majority of the ride no other cars could be heard.

After numerous attempts to free my arms from their restraints I give up, laying limp on the cold metal until eventually the car comes to a stop.

My heartbeats picks up as I wait in anticipation for whatever is to come. But it never does, no one comes for me.

I'm left confused and anxious in the back of the van for hours on end. Soon the uncomfortable position of my arms becomes the least of my worries as my whole body starts to ache and as time ticks by I also start to get really hungry and desperate for the bathroom.