Domino effect

"Emilio!" A distanct voice shouts as I rub my eyes, groaning in exhaustion

I'm currently sat in the surveillance room of my dad's mansion with Matteo, my father's head of IT.

The night was eventful, to say the least.

I spent hours on end waiting for James to turn up but after six hours I cut my loses and decided to take a different route.

I took his laptop to Matteo who has spent hours trying to funnel any information that may help find his location. I was going to head back home to Serena but he assured me that he'd be able to quickly get an accurate pinpoint on James.

James, being the imbecile he is has signed up for numerous websites using his phone number which Matteo can apparently use to track him. However, he told me that god knows how many hours ago and I've been here ever since.

"Emilio!" The voice calls out once again, getting closer.

Lucian comes crashing through the office door, looking very agitated. "What the hell man," He says, exacerbated.

"What?" I hiss, my sleep deprived brain not being able to handle the loudness of his voice.

"Where were you all night?" He questions angrily.

"Here," I reply, stifling a yawn. "No you weren't, mum said you only arrived a couple hours ago." He crosses his arms.

"I was busy taking care of something," I reply vaguely.

"Taking care of what?" He questions.

I roll my eyes, not seeing any reason why I should have to tell him my business.

"What do you want Lucian, why are you here?" I sigh, bored of this conversation.

He scoffs, shaking his head at me.

"Are you being a dick on purpose or are you just stupid?" He questions seriously. I open my mouth only to close it again, not being sure how to answer that question.

"Do you remember Serena's last appointment? The one you promised to be there for," He scoffs.

Shit.

"What time is it?" I ask urgently, immediately sitting up from my slouched position. I reach over to my phone, repeatedly pressing the on button only to find that it's completely out of battery.

"Her session should be finishing right about now," He reveals, looking down at his phone.

I pull myself to my feet, practically flying through the door. I travel through the house with Lucian in tow, making it to his car parked out front quickly.

"Why didn't you call me?" I question angrily as he speeds out onto the road. "I did." He snorts, reminding me of my dead phone.

I groan internally, concern coursing through me as I wonder how Serena's doing.