Chapter-3

Hey buds!! I am back with another update in the lives of Dylan and Arden, and today is another double update day, so enjoy the chapter.
Happy reading, cupcakes!!

💙💙💙💙

Dylan
It’s been a few days since that particular induction day and I met Arden a few times during the rest of the induction week where we met some new people too and I got into an argument with one of his acquaintances which we sorted out later with the said boy apologizing for being a little too overwhelming about it but it was okay at the end.

I learned his name was Nate Jackson. He is like a foot taller than me but a little shorter than Arden. I feel like a Lilliputian surrounded by those taller guys, bless my poor ego for getting bruised with all those comments about my short height.

There was this one other person Samuel Brooks who was really on the sarcastic side more than on the polite side but a whole day being stuck on a seat between them in a circle I think I got initiated into my first guys gang.

It seems like for now I am the only girl in their gang which is sort of a privilege and annoying at some parts where they don’t understand why girls gotta do things a certain way and then there comes a comment at last of all argument ‘women’ which starts another bickering session where we troll each other.

But so far, it has been enjoyable, although I can’t say the same about today since I am sort of freaking out about finally meeting my roomie. She said she’ll be here by noon, and I have been trying to organize my room and the living room so that she doesn’t think she is stuck with a messy roommate.

I have been trying not to expect anything just at the start as it will be a little disappointing if they are not met, so I try to think as little about it as possible.

I was texting on the group chat with the guys when I heard the front door opening. I quickly texted a quick bye and made my way to the front where stood a beautiful blonde hair girl with a couple inches of height towering over me. She had this small smile on a face as she took me in as well.

“Hey I am Dylan.” I said as I reached out to hug her. She hugged me back and squealed.

“Hii I am Journey, and is it too early to say that maybe we’ll be really good friends.”

I chuckled at her enthusiasm and responded a comment as crazy as hers.

“Noi because I am hit by that feeling too that we are going to stick together for the entirety.”

We both giggled, and then I let her unpack while I cooked us lunch. I loved cooking, a trait that came to me from my parents.

A couple of hours later, we are well fed, unpacked, organized, and currently getting ready to make our way to the college to collect our schedules and maybe for a lil stroll around the campus.

We entered the office where I saw Louisiana, a middle aged women typing away at her computer. I remembered her from my last visit to this office regarding dorms. She is one of the sweetest ladies, no sarcasm there.

We exchanged a small talk regarding settling in the dorms just fine and collecting our schedules for the classes from Monday.
We were busy comparing our lecture timings together while walking out of the office when Journey walked straight into someone. I chuckled at her panicked state when I realized the guy she bumped into was just Nate.

The other guys were standing behind them in amusement as my roomie kept mumbling sorrys his way to which he uttered reassuring phrases.

Pulling the girl out of her misery, I introduced Journey to my lil gang, and we decided to grab a quick bite in the café as we discussed our lectures together.