Chapter-11

I am really sorry, everyone, for the late updates. I have loads of backlog that I am trying to cover, so I haven't been able to find the time to complete the chapter. But I finally wrote this one, and I will try to update the next one sooner.
Happy reading, cuties!!

💙💙💙💙

Dylan
I looked at his oblivious face that's drowning in his own pain, unaware of the havoc he created inside my heart with his confession.

“Who is the one?” I inquired, trying to keep my tone unaffected. I have my suspicions that it's going to be the name I never want to hear along with him, but reality is a bitter truth, and it has to be that person.

The person I could never bear to look at while they are together, I thought I was just territorial of my friendship but maybe it's because deep down I always knew how Arden liked her even when he didn’t confess.

Although I wasn’t ready for the confession to happen and that too this soon.

“Penelope.” He whispered as if just saying her name hurt him physically.

I nodded, lost for words, not trusting my tongue to not blabber non-sense.

The last I would want to do is hurt him more than what he is already hurting.
“What happened? Wanna talk about it?” I decided to give him space if he requests to let this topic be.

My inner me knows how I'd rather not talk about his feelings for Pene with him, but I think we both need this conversation together.

“I don’t know why I even confessed. I am confused. Never had the urge to say something like that to her, but then we were sitting, and I blabbered.” He seemed lost in the moment as he recollected the incidents.

“I was never meant to say anything as I knew it was not going to help with our situation, but then I… We were sitting in café and she was flirting with me. I joked about it but then I said to her I like her… more than friends.”

“What did she say?” I asked as I hoped she let him down slowly.

“She let me down slowly.” He whispered. I had tears burning in the back of my eyes, but I blinked them away.

“She said she appreciated my feelings. I am an amazing guy, and anyone would be lucky to have me as their world, but we don’t exist in that possibility together. Her world revolves around someone else, and maybe soon I’ll find someone whose world revolved around me. She said someone likes me more than I like her and I should give her a chance.” He finished telling her reply in a monotone.

“What the fuck? She didn’t say that right after your confession or did she?” My voice rose up a notch as I tried to decipher her reply.

Arden chuckled. “She totally did and I realized I made a bad choice really. I mean she could have not added the last part. I don’t know who she was talking about but when I said I liked her, I was expressing my sincere feelings that I had a sense won’t be reciprocated but she just made fun out my feelings. Did my feelings not matter? How was it so easy for her to comment my feelings are less than that girl and I should give chance to a girl who didn’t even dare to tell me on my face that she liked me!”

“I am sorry Arden. You didn’t deserve to be hurt like that. I…. sorry.” A lone tear escaped my eyes and he looked at me pained when he wiped it away.

“Why are you crying silly girl?” He slapped his forehead with a small chuckle.

“I hate seeing you hurting because of me.” He looked at me with frown and I quickly corrected myself to not give him any suspicions about my feelings. “I could have prevented this. I could have told you she had a boyfriend but I thought it’s not my place to tell. Also, I never knew you were so serious that you would confess. I thought it was just a crush and it would pass.”