Chapter-16

Hello everyone!
Back to another chapter. Hope you enjoy it.
Happy cozy reading!!

🩷🩷🩷🩷

Arden

Lazy.

Laziness is all I am feeling rn.

After spending the whole day yesterday with Dylan, doing nothing but binge watching friends and doing silly Instagram trends together, I wish I don’t have to do assignments now.

It's Sunday evening and I’m bumped with a kinda accidentally forgotten assignment that is to be submitted on Monday, which is like tomorrow and adding to my misery I have to turn it in by 10:30 am.

I am doomed.

I was cursing myself for being so irresponsible when I got a call from Dylan.

Seeing her name, I perked up. She might have a solution to my problem.

Dylan- Hey!!

Me- Why are you so fucking cheery?

I groaned at her chirpiness.

Dylan- ‘Cause… I just am. Anyways, what’s with your grumpiness?

Me- I forgot to do my math assignment. Help me… Pleaseeeeeee!!!

I whined when she started laughing.

Dylan- You sound like a kid with this whole whining tone.

She burst into laughter again before finally sparing my poor soul of more embarrassment and agreeing to help.

Dylan- I’ll send you mine and then you can use it for guidance.

Me- You are a genius, Topper.

Dylan- You know I hate it when you call me that.

She was so annoyed.. damn.

So here is the thing, she has always been nerdy back then in school and because of her popular brothers she never had real friends until her freshman year of high school when she met Avalon and Dawn.

The guys were scared shitless of her brothers so they never approached and the girls just wanted to be closer to her brothers and they used her.

Ever since childhood all her friends just wanted her help in studies and she let them take advantage of her because of her good heart.

And now realizing how much time she wasted on all the idiots she considered her friends, she don’t want people to view her as a nerdy topper anymore.

And I like teasing her about it from time to time while she would call me dumbass or Arseden which she knows I hate being called.

After our usual unusual banters and non-sensible idle talks about anything and everything we could think of, we both ended the call with a small smile.

She is always such a child who wants to wish good night in exact three sentences and wants to be wished back but I like playfully avoiding wishing her back until she huffs and puffs about me being an asshole and annoying her some more we end it pleasantly with a big smile on our faces at our silliness.

I called her once to ask her about any pending work we might need to turn in and we talked for like a half hour before deciding to sleep as we had an early class the next day.

Dylan- Bye

She said wanting to hear me say it back.
Me- Byeee

I said with a smile knowing what’s coming next.

Dylan- Good night.

She said softly and I could imagine a small smile on her face.

Me- Good night.

I replied back easily.

Dylan- Sweet dreams.

She said sweetly with a chuckle, a playful knowingness coating it not so subtly.

Me-  I am not saying it back…I never have dreams even when you say sweet dreams then what’s the use of it.

Dylan- Atleast you are not having nightmares so it is as good as good dreams.

Me- I don’t think it works like that.

I said teasingly knowing all too well how riled up she gets.

Dylan- It works just like that, Arden Sanders Rhett.

Me- If you think you are intimidating me with the full name then you are so wrong.

I said with a chuckle. She whined like a kid complaining about my meanness.

Dylan- I know I am too cute for that.

She retorts back after thinking for a whole minute on how to reply back, yet she has an attitude like she said the best thing.

Me- Cute? And you? Yeah you are as cute as a lil koala.

Dylan- Shut up… that’s not true.

Me- It is…you are all snuggly and such a cuddler. Just like a koala.

Dylan- Oh shut it, Ass. Sleep tight.

She always says shut up when she is out of retorts and then changes her phrase, which she always does after a lil bantering.

Me- You too. Anything else?

I questioned like always. After a few seconds of contemplating what to say, she would come up with unique phrases like Dream-of-me, Happy-Snuggles, and more creative shit like that, which I await everytime.

Dylan- Arden… Dream of me.

She said with a voice brimming with jolliness.

Me-  Okay. Don’t complain about it tomorrow if I do.

I said with insinuating exactly what you thought, and she let out a loud laugh before agreeing to hear it all tomorrow.

And after a final bye, we ended the call.

These silly banters always bring a smile to my face. She is such a cute kid at times when she does all this childish antics like no matter the line of conversation, she would always end with a pleasant goodbye greeting.

She is too ritualistic about wishing good night and sweet dreams at night and starting the day with a good morning.

She gets annoyed super quick but eases back into sweetness again. She can’t be mean even if her life depended on it.

I did my assignment with her notes’ help and slept around midnight after watching a few episodes of ‘The office’.

I love this sitcom so fucking much.

Waking up the next day as the dawn started sneaking around, I did my usual run and exercises before returning back to my room and showering the sweat away.

Grabbing a quick breakfast , I rode to the college with still a few minutes to spare.

I entered the lecture hall in time and slumped into my usual seat waiting for Dylan.

She can never be on time for sure. Hopefully she’ll come before Mr.McArdle arrives or she’ll be in on a taunt again.

I was scrolling my Instagram when I heard a thump of bag. Expecting Dylan I looked up only to be greeted by blonde girl.

She was what Dylan would call a bimbo. Dressed in a mini skirt that barely leaves something to imagination and a caked-up face, she stood in those viscous high heels.

“Do you want something?” I asked not at all wanting to put on any charm like she hoped I would.

Her face fell before she tried putting on a sexy seductive smile, the keyword being tried. Her smile was quite weird if you ask me.

“Can I sit here?” She asked raking a hand down my shoulders.

I caught her hand and dropped it at her side.

“No. The seat is already taken.” I said calmly.

“Oh come on no one is sitting here rn. You can’t reserve seats like that.”

“Okay then sit where you want.” I said and she smiled bashfully which turned into a scowl when I grabbed my bag and moved to a seat few rows back.

She stomped her foot on the ground and sat down on her seat not before glaring at me.

Dylan appeared on my side with an amused expression.

“Don’t” I warned her with narrowed eyes.

“Someone’s getting attention from blonde bimbos.” She said and burst into laughter.

“Damn… her face when I sat down near you without you putting a fight was so funny. She was questioning her existence, seriously.” She was still chuckling while I couldn’t help but frown.

“What does that mean?”

“What?” She asked with a confused look.

“About her questioning her existence. What’s that got to do with you sitting with me?”

“You can’t be that oblivious Denny. Are you?” Looking at my confused expressions she shook her head muttering oblivious under her breath before turning to give me full attention.

“What I mean is.. you and I are so opposites that if we were in high school we would have been in different cliques. You would have been a hot kickboxer surrounded by bimbos, liking all that attention while I would have been a nerd cozied under the books.”

“Well it’s not high school.” I said in a duh tone.

“Yeah I know. It’s just too many people wonder how a hot guy like you ended up hanging out with a girl like me.” She said with a smile at whatever inside joke she must be cracking in her mind.

“I don’t like the way you say it. You don’t know how many guys want you but none having the guts to say it.”

“I’m not saying I'm not beautiful. I know I am very cute. I am just saying that we are polar opposites so people find it weird that we are bestfriends and that too since the very first day of the college”

I eased up a bit knowing she knows she is a very good person and her lack of interest in the crowd makes me a bit relaxed don’t know why.

“Did someone from your other classes ever try to hit on you?” I asked trying to  act cool.

“Noi. They try to have friendly conversations and then realize my disinterest in more quiet evident in my tone and they get scared away.” She said with a chuckle looking proud at herself for her antics.

“Really, you’re being proud about it. Don’t you want a boyfriend or something like that?” I questioned her curiously.

“Noi. The guys in those classes are such dumbasses. I’d rather be single. What’s with these question about my love life and all?” She asked me with cocked eyebrows.

“Nothing just wondering that what happened with me today might have happened to you in some class.” I shrugged dismissing the topic and she shook her head at me.

“You know I’ll be screaming bloody murder in your ears if that happened.” She said with an evil grin and we both ended up chuckling at her habit of reciting every detail of the day to a t.

“True.” I laughed at the scowl she threw at me before smacking my head.

I laughed some more before Mr.McArdle  made his presence known in the class and we settled in our seat quietly for the next hour.

Submitting our assignments at the end of the lecture, we parted ways to the next class.

The whole day passed by in a whirl before we finally it was evening.

After my afternoon training at the gym, I drove to the dinner Dylan works at since her shift was about to end.

Grabbing a quick bite to eat after her shift, we drove aimlessly on the road for a ride in the cool air before I drop her at her dorm and returned home.

💙💙💙💙
The weeks flew by rushed with all the practice, studies and assignments.

I even drove home a few times to visit mom and took Dylan with me on weekends after my dad couldn’t stop gushing about how good a girl she is to  my mom.

Mom always being a curious loving mother asked me to bring her along for dinner.

My parents live just a 20 minutes drive away from the college so it was convenient to drop there whenever I miss home-cooked meals.

And knowing how much Dylan misses home and as she has been losing some weight because of the mess food,  I decided to take her along.

She was so excited to meet my mom and get her to tell all my embarrassing moments and see my baby pictures that I was questioning my decision of agreeing to it.

Mom couldn’t stop gushing about how pretty, beautiful, sweet Dylan is.

The reason for her excitement is because I never had a female friend before. I studied in a boarding school for boys as they had the best reputation for kickboxing.

That’s also the reason why I can get oblivious to certain things at times.

Dylan too loved talking to as it seemed when they kept complaining about my habits and with my mom sharing my embarrassing childhood stories with her.

I am never hearing the end of it from her now that she had so much scoop on me, thanks to my lovely mom.

Dad and mom were quiet happy to have her come over to the dinner and by the end of the evening I was questioning if I was their son or she was their daughter.

We said quick goodbyes with a promise to meet them soon and started our journey back to her dorms.

Dylan seemed happy and bubbly after the dinner and little fuller. Mom kept complaining about how thin she is and decided to feed her more so that she grows fuller.

I know the effect won’t be shown so soon but she had this happy bubble around her.

She kept teasing me with her new found information and I realize I do regret leaving my mom with her alone.

Somethings can’t be changed though.

After dropping her off at her dorms and after making sure she made it to her room safely, I drive back to my apartment and quickly texted her with a reached safely as she has chastised me to assure her I made it safe back home.

In reply she sent me one of my baby picture wearing a dress. I warned her of showing it to any of our friends and with our usual night greetings we said our goodbyes, before I again saw my picture and smiled.

Drifting off to sleep into the quiet reverie.

PS: Never leave your bestfriend alone with your mom or those two women will conspire against you to your full mortification.
🩷🩷🩷🩷

If you guys thought the chapter was cringe, then my sincere apologies. But sometimes you end up doing these cringe things that send your heart skyrocketing and your face glowing like a sun, hot and red.

I like smut, but i cherish these cringey moments.

Share your crongey moments that you really love here. I'd love to know that i am not the only insane one.

Thanks for reading.
Be happy, healthy, and safe!
Until then,
See ya!!
💚