Chapter-8

Hey guys! I am back with another chapter for you. It's one of the longest chapters I wrote. Hope you enjoy these updates. 
Happy reading, shortcakes!!
💙💙💙💙
Dylan

We made some comfy arrangements on the floor for playing truth or dare and sat the boxes of pizza in reach to everyone while the infamous bottle that will decide the game flow was laying on its throne in the middle of the circle.

As childish as the game sounds to people, it’s quite interesting if played right.
I mean, we are far grown from asking who your crush is or something. What you really should do is ask for the juicy details behind the basic questions.

And dare them to do the unexpected like maybe scream bloody murder down few blocks before running from there or giving lap dance to one of the friends.

In school time, the dare used to be basic, kiss someone in the room, drink some shots, make-out, and whatever you could think about.

But playing one up is when things start getting interesting.

I explained the basic rules of T or D before spinning the bottle. The bottle pointed playfully between Journey, who was sitting beside me, and Sam, who was sitting next to me on the other side.

“Truth or dare, cutiepie?” Sam asked, mischievously earning an eye roll from her before she decided on doing a dare.

Sam dared her to make out with a pillow and moan the name of her crush.

It was a bit unique and a lot embarrassing for her as her crush was sitting in the same circle, and it’s definitely not how she’d want to confess to her love.

She glanced at him before grabbing a pillow and holding it to her face. She softly caressed its side as if they were real cheeks Iof a guy and started making out with it.

She didn’t moan a name, and before Sam could make it embarrassing for both of them, I made a smartass comment. “Remind me to throw that out later.”

Everyone chuckled, and the awkwardness in the vanished.

We played some rounds while eating pizza before the bottle landed on me, and somehow Nate is the one giving me a question.

That man is a cruel asshole and with that big smirk on his face, I know I am in for an unforgettable disaster about to happen.

I am battling inside my head about the pros and cons of choosing truth vs. those of taking a dare.

I chose dare because it seemed a better option, how embarrassing it can be. I chuckled inside my head nervously.

“Dare. Give me a nice dare.” I squared my shoulder, waiting for Nate to blurt out the question already.

“I dare you to call a random number and flirt with the person the line for five minutes”

I looked at Nate with wide eyes and tried to calm my racing heart. Am I really ready to do that? Should I ask for the punishment instead?

With Nate, the punishment seemed worse than the dare itself. But what if the person was a creep or a total weirdo and started stalking me?

I gulped before giving him my phone to feed the number I need to dial.

“Hello.” I heard a weak voice say. Damn the man sounds old enough to be my granddad. I looked at Nate to tell him I was not flirting with a seventy something grandpa when he took the phone from my hands, and after giving an excuse of the wrong number, he hung up.

We dialed a different number this time, and a woman picked up the call while we could hear a baby whining in the background.

“Am I talking to Hope Maxwell?” to which the lady replied with a wrong number and hung up.