Himuro x Reader (It Never Went Away)

(( Himuro Tatsuya x Reader

People change, feelings fade.

But no matter how many years may pass, my love for you won't go away. ))

-Reader's POV-

My chest would always tighten whenever I remember the thing that happened when I was still a third year in middle school.

"I'm sorry."

Those words that left his mouth when I confessed.

"I can't return your feelings."

Those painful words that shattered my heart into million pieces.

I didn't dared to speak after the rejection, too depressed and disappointed with the result.

Shortly after that, our middle school life had ended.

I went to different schools with Tatsuya-kun ㅡ or maybe I should say ㅡ Himuro so I could move on easily.

Well, I was wrong. It's not even a little bit easy.

But, years had passed and I successfully moved on.

Unlike before, he's not the reason why I always go to school early anymore. Unlike before, he's not the first thing that enters my mind whenever I wake up anymore. Unlike before, I don't think about him everyday anymore. And unlike before, I don't love him anymore.

Well, at least that's what I thought.

Right now, I'm a first year college student. Our first day of classes had just ended and I'm currently chatting with my friends as we walk out of school.

They live nearby so they're just gonna walk home. As for me, I have to take the train to go home.

"See you tomorrow~"

I bid my goodbye to them when they walked me on the subway. When they left to go home, I just smiled to myself and went to the train.

We've been friends ever since we're in middle school. I feel like my college life is gonna be fun~

I thought, but then...

"The doors are closing."

...Or maybe not.

"Hahh... I made it." A familiar guy said and sighed in relief.

My eyes widened when I saw him.

"I like you."

He looked around to find an empty seat, and his gaze landed on the seat beside me.

"I'm sorry."

He walked towards me with a gentle smile on his face.

"I can't return your feelings."

He took a seat beside me and I did my best to keep my gaze away from him.

He doesn't remember me? I thought, looking at him without turning my head. I sighed and averted my gaze away from him. Well, I guess that's better.

But...

What is this feeling?

It's like...

I'm disappointed.

"I'm sorry. I can't return your feelings."

Waaaaaahh, when are we going to arrive at the next stop? I want to go now, I want to leave now! Being next to him is so awkward, especially because he doesn't recognize me at all!