Aomine x Reader (Your Heartbeat Never Lies)

(( Dedicated to NarukaMikuNyan :D

Aomine Daiki x Short!Reader

Y/n - your first name
L/n - your last name
F/n - a friend's name ))

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

-Reader's POV-

"Ugh. I can't reeeeeach." I muttered against my breath as I stand on my tip toes, trying to reach the book that I wanna buy.

Geez. This bookstore. They should be considerate to their short customeeerrrrss.

"Oi, (Y/n). What's taking you so long?" Daiki asked as he lazily walked towards me with a bored look on his face.

"Perfect timing. Daiki, get that book for me." I commanded, not even trying to make it sound like a request.

"Hah? Why?"

"Obviously because I can't reach it. Idiot." I said, placing my hands on my hips.

"Atleast I'm not short."

"Argh! Forget it! I'll ask one of the staffs to get it for me." I rolled my eyes and walked away from him.

"Here, here, I already got it." He said, making me stop from walking.

"If you're still gonna get it, can you please do it without pissing me off?" I complained while walking back to him.

I was about to snatch the book away from him but he raised his hand, making it impossible for me to get it.

"Daiki, you know full well that I hate being teased in public, right?" I asked, glaring daggers at him with my lips curved up in an evil grin.

"Oh. Do you?" He asked and yawned.

My eyebrows twitched in annoyance and I frowned. Since I'm an impatient person, I kicked both of his legs as hard as I can, making him fall on the floor.

Oh, I always wanted to do that.

I stepped on him and took the book I wanted to buy from his hands.

"Thanks for getting it for me." I said and went to the cashier to buy it.

This always happens everyday.

Okay, so let me be honest. I love books. I love reading so much to the point that I can finish three books in a single day. Well, it depends on the number of pages, but usually that's what always happens. I've already read all of the books at home, so I'm buying new books to read. But since I love reading, right after buying it, I'll read that book. Then there would be no new books anymore, and that's why I always buy books for atleast once a week, and go to public libraries or to our school's library everyday.

After going home, I read the book I just bought and finished reading almost half of it before midnight. Even though I wanted to continue, I stopped reading because I still want to keep my good health. I don't skip meals or purposely stay awake til dawn.

The next day, as usual, Daiki went to our house and we went to school together.

Daiki and I knew each other since middle school. Even though there's a difference in his attitude back then and right now, I still like him. Yeah, I don't like how his attitude changed. But, Daiki is still Daiki. Even though he's kind of different, his heart and his personality are still the same. And I just like him the way he is. I don't think he feels the same, though. Well, at least we're the closest to each other. We know everything about each other and could easily tell if something's off. Being this close to him is enough to me - for now, at least.