Together, They Rule - (Lin x Foster Son of Wei Yenwu)

"Maybe this can work out

"Maybe this can work out. Your ambitions for this city are rather unimaginable for someone to accomplish. But I know, that after the events that led us to each other, and with the tricks you played, maybe those ambitions of yours might be possible... if I were with you as you progress. Do not misunderstand, I don't have any interest in that kind of affinity. We both have our goals and helping each other will benefit us both. We will use each other to show our fathers that we can ascend going on our own paths. And when it's all done, then maybe... just maybe... I wouldn't mind settling down... with the person I'm talking to..."

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞

A/N: Been a while huh? Not going to lie, I lost the drive to write this book since my other books were taking up my entire writing motivation. But hey, I found the drive to write this, and you're getting a new chapter, so please don't bug me about it. As for this chapter, the event (Where Vernal Winds Will Never Blow) had a side theme for the next generation who will be better than the previous. Rat King had Lin, who will become her version of him, but what about Wei as Ch'en's doing her own thing? Well, imagine if he had a foster son who had even bigger ambitions than him. If Lin will govern Lungmen in the shadows, then someone has to be at the forefront as her cover. And if they were together, then they might prove to be an even better duo than their very own fathers, having closeness that far surpassed their expectations.

Word Count: 12,221

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞

A sleek black car glided through the bustling streets of the inner city of Lungmen, its tinted windows offering a sense of seclusion to the enigmatic Lin Yuhsia. She sat in the backseat with an air of elegance, her delicate features displaying an expression that seemed impossible to decipher. Her eyes, like deep pools of obsidian, revealed nothing of the thoughts that swirled within her mind.

'You want me to join the gathering in your stead?'

'Yes. I'm not in the right of mind to attend myself. But I believe that it can be an opportunity for you instead.'

Lin recalled her father's words echoing in her ears as the car smoothly navigated through the labyrinth of concrete and steel. He had entrusted her with attending a small gathering of influential individuals in his stead. Though he possessed no interest in such social events himself, he recognized the importance of networking and establishing connections in their society. And so, he suggested that Lin take on this responsibility, believing it to be an opportunity that might prove fruitful for her future.

'Maybe I can coerce some to help with the infected issue.' Lin thought positively.

As the car continued its journey, the vibrant cityscape outside painted a mesmerizing backdrop. Neon lights adorned the towering skyscrapers, casting an ethereal glow upon the throngs of people that moved like specks in the grand mosaic of urban life. Streets teemed with activity, and the distant hum of traffic created a symphony of urban rhythms.