Side Story 5 - Four Years Later

A/N: Please do not read the side stories before reading the rest of The Ties that Bind.

     "Why are you so nervous?" Davy asked. "It's like you two are already married, this is just putting the ring on it. And it's not like he's going to leave you at the altar; after all, he's the one who popped the question - you're never going to live that down, by the way; just so you know."

     "That was your fault," Kasden said. "You knew that we were both planning to propose and didn't warn me so I could do it first."

     "Where's the fun in that? If I'd warned you, then I wouldn't be able to tease you about it, would I?" Davy laughed evilly. "Besides, Bernice was conspiring with Luke, and she threatened to cut off my dick if I said anything about it. I happen to like that little guy being right where he is, thank you very much."

     "Ugh, do you have to be so vulgar?" Kasden pretended to gag. "She would have done the world a huge favor anyway by removing that red hair of yours from the gene pool."

     "Nah, she enjoys that pool as much as I do." He waggled his eyebrows at his best friend who groaned loudly.

     "Aren't you done tying that stupid tie yet? Here, let me do it for you." Davy took the tie from Kasden, looping it around his neck and expertly tied a perfect bow, snugging it up and adjusting the collar of his friend's shirt around it. "There, Luke is going to faint dead when he sees your handsome tie." He produced another smirk.

     There was a tap on the door followed by Simon poking his head into the room to tell them that Luke and the others were ready. The three of them stepped out into the foyer to gather with the rest of the wedding party. They had decided that their wedding was going to be a little bit unconventional; instead of bridesmaids, since they were both grooms, all their friends were going to be groomspeople, and they were going to have an unconventional procession as well.

     Their groomsmen and women were all in place to precede them down the aisle, the eight of them, male and female, wearing black tuxedos with white shirts, a burgundy cummerbund and burgundy cravat. Samantha, Kori and Kolton were to be 'flower children', and Trevor was the ring bearer. The four children were also wearing tuxedos matching those of the adults in the group. Every one of them looked stunning.

     Davy signaled the orchestra to begin playing, and upon the first chords of the song 'Beneath Your Beautiful', they began the procession down the aisle. The three older children walked down first, tossing handfuls of burgundy and white rose petals. Davy, who was Kasden's best man, stepped forward next, arm in arm with Bernice. Simon, Luke's best man, was next, accompanied by Penny. Lennox followed with Margaret on his arm, and Larsen and Stephanie were the last of the couples, followed by Trevor, solemnly carrying a pillow with the rings.

     The groomsmen and women reached the dais, where Father Benjamin waited to join the happy couple in marriage and took their places to either side while the children went to sit with their parents - except for Trevor, who waited patiently to present the rings to the couple.

     Kasden and Luke, both wearing pure white tuxedos with burgundy cummerbunds and cravats, matching their groomspeople's, waited at the back until the others were in place; they nodded silently and stepped forward together. Kasden began to sing the beautiful lyrics of the song, facing the love of his life, as they slowly walked down the aisle together.