¤ [02] ¤《Can You See The Bones In My Teeth?》

₩₩₩₩₩

                              Carl could feel the burning in his body before he woke, a premonition of the future

A beating sound from behind Carl made him turn, knife in hand.

There was a strong ake scratching in his head.

The metal can of peaches had gone out during the night, now cold to the touch, Carl figured he really should have put it out before he went to bed but didn't fault himself for not doing so, it had been the strongest warmth he'd felt for a long time.

His coat had fallen from the window, light streaming in behind him.

The only reason why he noticed was because his hat had fallen during the night.

A walker, a man this time, head smashing into the window clawing with his hands.

It was morning so Carl wasn't too worried about him attracting others with all the noise.

He hadn't been dead long, his skin mostly intact and his clothes washed.

Carls moved slowly as he shoved his chair next to the window.

It was one of those that had perpendicular sliding glass so Carl just slid the window a quarter of an inch open holding his hands higher than the walker head and slid his knife down.

Closing the window before he could hear the walker hit the floor.

Getting back down from the chair was proving harder than it was to climb it as Carl was met with vertigo.

Cough.

The bad thing had come for Carl now.

Is this how Partick felt hot to the touch but cold inside.

He wanted to scratch at his own skin.

He could feel it as he rummaged through his bag pills being scattered upon the table.

They all looked different, some large coloured others small and white circler.

Carl took a random handful.

They didn't look like a dangerous amount but he felt half less in his hand then what he saw, his eyes doubling with blurriness.

He couldn't leave.

Retracing his steps guided by the desk he knew better then to step outside and become willing walker bait so he slide down to the floor his coat pulled up to his shoulders and waited.

His eyes bobbing in there sockets, he wasn't about to fall asleep he insisted to himself.

He couldn't there would be no one there to wake him if he did.

Carl wanted what he couldn't have.

He wanted his mom but that wasn't worse then having what he could feasibly have, his dad.