¤ [09] ¤《Carl Is Worried》

₩₩₩₩₩ 

               Rick skin burned under the sun even when it was cold it reminded him of the trip he took to England with his geography class in tenth grade, the sun would be shining but one would still have to wear a coat, scarf and gloves

Michonne, as usual, was fine.

Rick attested that to her dark skin that felt softer than silk against his own as she wiped away the last of his drying blood with the ripped end of his shirt.

They kept close, and so far, they had only seen a walker or two in the distance.

They kept going walking on the tracks.

Rick's limp had gotten better, his brushed knuckles lighter, and overall, apart from the blisters on his skin, all his other scabs were healing fine.

Michonne passed him some food, it just a packet of stale chips, but he ate them with a thank you anyway.

They paused for a moment. There was no one around, and they sat to rest facing each other on the tracks.

"We are not the only ones Rick" Michonne insisted her head tilted back to the sky her neck long adored by her dreadlocks, they had grown longer her hair more grown out at her roots but Rick didn't think it look bad, just different.

"What?" Rick said, startled out of his looking, ashamed.

"That made it out," Michonne clarified.

"I know that look on your face. I had It just before I found you," the look of defeat.

"That's cause I failed the one thing I fought so hard to find -"

"You didn't,"

"Judith, Carl, there gone."

"We tried, and we will try again ... to live, " Michonne left out the fact that she knew intimately what Rick was going through.

Rick got up, leaving Michonne to follow after him, Rick wouldn't have this conversation again.

They needed to put more distance between themselves and the men he had angered anyway.

Later, Rick would only slow down to read a wooden board that was duct taped to a 'train works ahead' sign.

'Sanctuary for all, community for all, those who arrive survive'

Rick thought it might have been from early on in the pandemic, a message from the government or military before everyone had to fend for himself.

Personally, Rick thought whoever was taking people in was stupid. No one did that, not anymore.

Community was an idea peddled by a hopeless romantic.

Michonne found it hopeful, not diverting their path.

"We should scope out the perimeter first,"

Michonne gestured to the sign.