¤ [03] ¤《I Want To Scream & Shout ...》

₩₩₩₩₩

₩₩₩₩₩

And let it all out, Maud was bent with her head out of the car window coming to a halted stop in the middle of the road.

The wrenching woke Carl from his sleep.

"What's happening?" Carl said, reaching for his knife before he was fully awake.

Maud answered him with another wrench, smearing vomit down the outside of the car.

Carl gathered his barings and reached for Maud to pull her hair that had fallen out of her bun out of her face.

Rubbing on Mauds back as he cringed.

"Sorry"

Maud spat the last of the chunks out of her mouth taking the water Carl had offered her with grace.

Carl had fallen asleep half way up the road about five miles back, leaving Maud to drive uninterrupted expecting to be woken up when they got to the end of the road.

"Couldn't hold it any longer," Maud explained when Carl didn't say anything.

"Figured this was as best place to stop as any" Maud motioned towards the obstacle in the path ahead of them.

Focusing on their surroundings for the first time, Carl looked ahead of them before running out of the car leaving the door behind him open.

Maud left the engine running picking up her shovel from the back seat, going out after him taking a glance at her masterpiece sliding down the window.

Carl had run up to the school bus in front of them jumping to pound on the windows as he went towards the back end of the bus.

Maud had caught up to him.

Spinning Carl around to face her.

"We do this tactically okay, you don't go running off" Carl turned back around, paused then pulled out his knife.

Pushing their back up against the side of the bus.

They stepped towards the back half of the bus, noting that there wasn't any noise despite the clear signs that the dead had run though the area recently.

That was because it seemed someone had already taken care of the dead for them.

Carl turned one of the dead on their back getting a closer look at their face.

Maud helped stepping forwards, flipping the dead to their sides so Carl could scan them all.

Carl took a long time kneeling, searching, looking.

Maud stepped back her shovel high on her shoulders giving Carl some much needed privacy.

'Was this his family?'