¤ [04] ¤《Maud & Carl》

₩₩₩₩₩   

₩₩₩₩₩   

                                                                       Carl slowed down again when the trees they walked passed turned into shrubs and the mud beneath their feet turned into concrete.

According to the map they were approaching many buildings that were exclusive to the wealthy before the end of the economy.

Apparently the rich also liked to be buried separate from the rest of society too.

Carl leaned against a headstone watching as Maud made her way up behind him.

There was sweat on her brow that she ignored as she went to pass Carl to continue on their hike.

Carl grabbed her by the arm as she went to pass him holding out the last of their water to her.

"Have it"

"Take it before you pass out" Carl tone was clipped and left no room for argument.

The last thing he needed was to have to drag Maud behind him.

Maud drank and crunched the bottle down to half its size before handing it back to Carl.

Taking the time to read the headstones around them.

All Lords and other prissy people that would have spat on them if they were still alive.

Carl wondered if they were animated six feet under clawing at their coffins, it was weird to see a place filled with the dead so still.

Maud left Carl, walking off, not knowing where they were heading to exactly but following the exit sign near a gate anyways.

₩₩₩₩₩

It was midday and it was as hot as it was going to get this time of year.

Maud still had to put on one of Carl's spear shirts as her tank top no longer reached the end of her stomach and unlike a week ago the cold made it so that she could no longer ignore it.

They walked through a patch of walkers dead on the floor from another passerby already.

Struck down by arrows.

Carl used his leg to brace himself on one of the walkers shoulders before using his weight to yank it out.

It looked like the other walkers had died the same way.

Daryl had gotten out.

Carl began walking fast now.

Maud ran after him.

Following the trail of arrowheads setting them off course by about a mile.

Carl knew Daryl didn't leave arrows behind for no reason.