¤ [11] ¤《 FRANKINCENSE 》

₩₩₩₩₩

Maud stood on her tippy toes in the master bathroom, her legs stretched as she used a pair of tweezers that she found in the kitchen cabinet to pick the glass shards from her cheek.

Wincing as she dug her thumbs at her cheek so that the glass would rise to the surface.

Whipping her face down, Maud cleaned herself up.

Changing, the old walker didn't have anything in her room that vainly Maud would ever put onto her body, but the guest room must have been where her child slept cause there was some clothes Maud could see herself wearing.

Sure, the clothes were outdated, cheetah print and low rise, but Maud wouldn't complain she wasn't the one who would have to stay in the bloodied clothes after all that was Carl.

Since the walker grandmother seemed to be sentimental to throw clothes away, Maud figured that the women probably kept some baby clothes as well, searching the house Maud came up with nothing of use.

Except in the back of the woman's closet.

There was a jewellery box that Maud eagerly snatched and opened up before closing quickly again.

What Maud saw wasn't expected.

Instead of just earrings or rings, she saw the bust of a slender blond woman.

Maud saw all of her.

Looking around at the photos nail up in the house, Maud could tell the boudoir photos were of the old grandmother, in her youth, of course.

All slender, not wrinkle in sight.

Not at all.

Maud closed the box, intending to leave it alone but couldn't.

It was like she had found something tempting.

Pandora's box.

Something sinful.

Taking a good look at the photos.

Drinking them in.

The young woman didn't look frightened or cold.

She did not shy away from the camera. Instead, the woman was posing with her eyelashes low hanging and baiting, her hips wide and arms open.

She wasn't the object but a sight.

That invited Maud to stay and stare.

She didn't feel bad about it.

After all the photos were meant to be viewed.

Enjoyed, even.

Maud wondered if this was what Greg thought she looked like.

She had a hard time believing that as she had never looked as soft as the woman in the photo.