•4• The Sun

The next day, you rise and freshen up. After doing so, you leave your house, in search of a job.

Your tummy rumbled as you walked on the streets, asking stall to stall if they had any vacancies. Unfortunately, they did not.

A few hours of failure later, you see a stall selling mochi. With all the spare change you have left, you scrape together and buy some mochi to fill your hungry stomach.

You walked across the streets, mochi in hand and thought deeply. What job could a woman do, in the era?

As you scanned the streets, you see a flower. The flower looked really pretty and stopped you in your tracks.

You walked over to it, admiring it's beauty. It was a lilac. Your favourite.
It hit you. You could sell flowers. You could be a florist.

At noon, you sighed as you put down the last bag of seeds you bought, after selling a few of your possessions of course.
The lawn of the house was small but fertile enough to grow flowers. But there was one problem. You had no experience about growing plants and needed guidance.

You facepalmed at yourself as reality hit you.

You reconsidered buying the bags of seeds but realised it was either learning or dying on the streets. You chose the former.

At first, you dug up a small space and dumped a bag of seeds. Then, you covered it up with a small amount of soil and poured water over it.

"Grow already." You commanded, obviously expecting nothing to happen.

You scoff and leave your house, deciding to ask someone experienced, like an actual florist.

As you scan the streets, you bump into a tall man.

"I'm sorry-" you look up at him.

"It's you!" You say.

The man in front of you was tall, had long hair in a ponytail and wearing a red kimono. Except, he was wearing earrings.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

You noticed the difference in the tone of voice, but assumed it was nothing.

"You helped me arrive here last night, but left as soon as I wanted to formally thank you with a gift!" You complained to him.

The man looked at you with confusion, before speaking.

"I am not aware of what you mentioned."

You looked at him in confusion, until you noticed his earrings.

"You don't accept a hairpin from me, but buy yourself a pair of earrings?!"

The man's hand travelled up to his earlobe, gently caressing his left earring.

"Ah. I understand now."

You give him a confused face before he explains.

"The person you are referring to, must be my older brother, Michikatsu. You see, we're twins."

You look at him, taking in his appearance. It only made sense.
This man's demeanor looked nothing like the soft, pale features of the moon.
Instead, they resemble the sun, bright and cheerful.

"Oh. I see."

He holds out a hand.

"I am Yoriichi Tsugikuni."

You shake his hand and immediately pull away, learning from your previous mistake. He gives you a look, but ignores it.

"What brings you here?" He asks you.

"Well, I need someone to teach me how to take care of plants."

"My brother can help with that. He takes interest in raising plants and nurturing them."

Your face lit up at the idea.

"Can I meet him?" You ask.

"Sure. Follow me." He gestures for you to follow him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N : kinda boring chapter but trust me it'll be worth it.