•8•. Failed Confession

You lay in your bed, flustered. Thinking back to the kiss, you bury your face in your hands and squeal in delight.

It was your first kiss, and no man ever made you feel that way. You've dated countless men, but no one of them made you feel this, ecstatic upon physical contact. They were no match for him.

Him. Michikatsu Tsugikuni. He who had an air of mystery, and wisdom. He who helped you, he who taught you, he who kissed you.

You couldn't sleep that night, so you decide to take a walk to calm down and sort out your emotions.

The night outside was silent, and the only sound you heard was the chirping of crickets, as if they were welcoming you. You stepped outside your house and walked slowly, taking small steps, enjoying the night.

Once again, your mind rushed back to the kiss, and you blushed a bright red. At this point, you realised you had a crush on him. You really wanted to be with him, this night.

Remembering an old memory, you look back to the days your grandmother told you about how she fell in love with your grandfather. You could remember her mentioning things like 'quality time '. 'possessiveness, flirting, respect, making moves' .

You decided to try and make a move on him, as you realised that he was the one who kissed you first. You thought of the possibility of him liking you, and made up your mind to make a move.

****Time skip : 1 day****

The next day, you donned your best clothes, wore your hair in a neat, tidy way. You had your makeup done by Yoriichi (he guessed it. He knew you liked his brother) and borrowed pretty footwear from old friends. That day, you were ready to make a move.

You walked in with confidence, only for it to be crushed when you overheard Michikatsu say

"You want me to like her? No. I prefer not to associate myself with women at the moment. I want to focus on honing my samurai skills to perfection. A woman will only distract me."

You stopped in your tracks. He continued

"Besides, I do not find her interesting. She just fed my pride, so I rewarded her."

He stepped out of the room, and saw you. You looked at him with a deer in headlights face. He looked at you in a slightly annoyed way, which crushed all your hopes of making a move.

He left without saying another word to you, while you were left with your eyes tearing, threatening to spill. Yoriichi walked out slowly and noticed you tearing up. He gently wrapped one of his arm around you and whispered reassuring words to you.

"My brother can be a bit... brazen, at times. He does not take interest in relationships at the moment. He wishes to focus on training and believes relationships would only distract him from his goals. You should not think too much of it. There are more fish in the se-"

"I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT ONE FISH MY WHOLE LIFE!" You yelled out.

"I'VE BEEN WITH SO MANY MEN, LOOKING FOR THAT FISH, AND NOW THAT I FINALLY FOUND IT, IT SWAM AWAY FROM ME!"

"THAT DAY, THAT KISS! NO MAN HAD EVER MADE ME FEEL SO GOOD! I REALLY BELIEVED HE LIKED ME, SINCE HE WAS THE ONE WHO KISSED ME FIRST! BUT ALAS! I HAVE TO GO LOOK FOR ANOTHER FISH! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF LOOKING FOR THAT FISH! I'M CONVINCED THAT FISH WILL NEVER SWIM TO ME!"

Yoriichi was taken aback at your confession and couldn't think of anything to say. You cried and left for your house.

As you were walking on the streets, sniffling, you heard a voice say

"Am I really that fish?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N : poor y/n. ;(