•13•. Unworthy

You pulled back from the hug and looked him the eye.

"Y/N...." He said.

"This is my first time having a lover.." he continued.

"Really??" You asked him, a little surprised. A handsome and successful man like him was single his whole life..??

"Yes... So I do not know anything about how these work..."

You tell him. "Well, I've been in these many times before, but they were all failures..."

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I mean, I got played. All the time. " You look at the ground, sad.

He raises your chin up to look at him, with his long, slender fingers.

"Y/N...."

You look him in the eyes once again. After a long time. His eyes now hold a different emotion from the last time. They harboured the feelings of affection, protection and care.

"I am no saint.. but I am no bastard.."

You look at him, filled with doubt. Yet, you brushed it off.

He interlocked your fingers with his and held onto them for a little while. The night went by really fast, and the silence only added to the new brimming feelings he had for you.

The only sound you heard was the chirping of crickets, the flow of the silver river and the snapping of twigs.

Wait... Snapping of twigs?

Michikatsu ducked and shielded you from the claws of the demons. The source of the sounds were two demons, a female and male of lower rank. The both of them had "Lower Rank 6" and "Lower Rank 5" engraved in their eyeballs respectively.

"I dealt with you two.." Michikatsu said, hand on sheath, having his guard up, standing in front of you.

"You thought a pointless attack like that would kill us?? We are part of the Twelve Kizuki after all!" The female demon boasted.

The male demon smacked her on the head. "Enough chit chat! Fight!"

Michikatsu drew out his sword and was about to perform a Breathing Technique when the female demon grabs you by the waist and leaps onto the trees.

This caught him off guard while the male demon attacked with his Blood Demon Art. Michikatsu was able to deflect all of the attacks while planning on saving you. The male demon kept throwing his attacks at him, before completely overlooking the Moon Breath user attack from behind him, and swiftly detach his head from the body.

Meanwhile, you were being taken away, grabbed by the waist by the female demon. She laughed like a maniac while running through the trees.

"Dinner!!!! I got dinner for tonight!!!!" She screamed, still laughing.

Her laughter turned to whimpers when she suddenly stopped to see the silhouette of the Moon Breathing user, against the white full moon. The Moon Breathing user had his sword behind his back, ready to strike while his Breathing Style was visible behind him.

The silhouette of his face had completely white sclera without any visible pupil, clearly bright from the use of the Style. The female demon wasn't able to react in time, and as a result, felt her head detach from her body, while the ends of her neck, burned. She screamed in agony, in vain, as she disintegrated into dust.

In the same swing, he even grabbed your waist and landed gracefully on the ground. The way he moved, swift and stealthy, the way he used his technique, shining brighter than the moon, and the way he easily decapitated the lower moon like it was nothing, fascinated you.

As he landed on his feet, he gently out you down and straightened his clothes, sheathing the sword. You dust your clothes and ask him. "What about the other one?"

"Taken care of." He pointed to what remained of the male demon, his clothes, as he had already disintegrated into dust.

"So fast???"

"I am not so bad.. I believe my skills to be barely acceptable."

You looked at him in shock. He just decapitated two Lower Moons in a few minutes and he still thinks he's not good enough????

"I believe myself to be not as skilled as the other members of the Corps. "

"What do you mean??? You killed two Lower Moons!!! In a couple of minutes!!! Others would take atleast an hour or more!! It's Demon Moons we're talking about!!" You protested.

"No."

"Michikatsu! Come on! It's difficult to kill a Demon Moon! You did it in minutes! Why would you think of yourself so low...???"

"My brother, for instance, can kill much more faster and in greater number than me. He was blessed with natural talent. Unlike me. He ended up being the number one. I ended up being number two." He monotonously stated.

You were caught off guard as he stated that.

"Number two is good too!!" You exclaim, in hopes of raising his spirits.

Michikatsu clenches his fists and grits his teeth a little before speaking.

"You don't understand, I have always dreamt of being number one. I train harder than him. I go on more missions than him. Yet, I still fall far behind. I am his older brother.. I am supposed to be the role model for him, not the other way around..." He says, trying to control his emotions, which were brimming inside of him.

You gently hold his tightened fist and bring it close to your face, kissing it gently. "Michikatsu, your brother already looks up to you.. he keeps telling me about you so much I have to remind him to breathe... He admires you, and wishes to be as strong and talented as you. He talks to me so much about you, he won't shut up. He's always looked up to you, his older brother. I really hope you think the same about him...."

Your words made him calm down a little, loosening his fists and pursue his lips tightly, in deep thought.

"It's nice to say...." He murmured under his breath.

You take the same hand of his and hold it up to your cheek while making eye contact with him. He slowly warms up to you and smiles softly.

You both smile softly under the rays of the moonlight and the gentle, cold breeze. He kissed your forehead before holding your hand and gently dragging you away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N : yæy.

Eheheheh i love romance

XOXO~~~~