•11•. Hospitality

"I needed a break."

You looked up at him for the first time in months. He seemed somewhat older and more experienced. His delicate features haven't changed at all, keeping his look fresh and attractive. His hair was in the same long ponytail, only, a little more organised and thicker than before. His clothes seemed well taken care of and his sheath had gold lining around it. The hilt of his sword had silver lining and reflected the rays of the setting sun.

"You came back to the village to wind down?" You carefully asked.

"Yes. Recently, I felt, overwhelmed." He shared his recent thoughts with you.

You offered him to rest at your place, which he agreed to after a few minutes of persuasion. The both of you walked slowly towards your house. He was silent the entire time while you wanted to initiate a conversation.

You finally reached your house and gestured for him to enter first. You followed him into your little home, closing the door behind you.

"It's not much, but I call it home." You chuckled nervously as you say.

"Very well. I shall freshen up." He stated.

You led him to the restroom and the bath. A few minutes later, you heard his voice say "Thank you."

You welcomed him and ran off to the little kitchen, to grab some snacks. You returned with a plate of food and a cup of tea, and saw him sitting on the floor, legs folded neatly under him, heels touching his bottom and toes together.

You set down the plate and cup on the slightlu elevated table and watched as he ate in the most sophisticated way you had ever seen. You watched as he carefully picked up the food with his chopsticks and ate it, chewing softly.

A little while later, he carefully set down the chopsticks on the plate and started drinking his tea. You watched as he sipped the tea, savouring every sip of it.

As he finished drinking, he thanked you and got up, plate and cup in hands. You got up and offered to put them away yourself and ran off to the kitchen.

When you returned, you saw him slightly tired and offered for him to rest in your room. He agreed and you led him to your room.

Upon reaching your room, his expression changed from calm to slightly drawn back. You realised your room was messy and immediately started picking up all your things in a hurry. You dumped all your things outside the room and even changed the sheets for him, all while being followed by his gaze. He knelt down and set his sheath aside, slowly turning to you and spoke

"Thank you for the hospitality, Y/N."

You noticed that the corners of his lips were slightly upturned in a tiny smile. It was the second time you saw him smile, in all these years of knowing him. It was a small, but genuine smile.

You flushed and bowed down as low as you could. "It's okay!"

You silently left the room, closing the door behind you. He lay down and drifted off to sleep.

You made your way to your living and sat down at the table. You sat down and rested your arms on the table as you thought of Michikatsu.

Your head filled with endless thoughts about him, now that he was in your house. You wondered if you still had feelings for him until you were overcome with a wave of fatigue and drifted off to dreamland as well.

A couple hours later, Michikatsu made his way to the living room, looking for you. He spotted you sleeping, resting your head on the table. He walked over and bent down to get a closer look of your face.

For the first time, he noticed your facial features with the greatest interest. His eyes made their way all over your face, scanning every little detail. He seemed intrigued by your calm, sleeping face as he just stood there, hovering above you.

You felt something long and cold brush your hair out of your face and groaned softly.

You woke up from your slumber to see Michikatsu with his hand over your face, who was just as shocked as you.

You flushed a bright red as you hid your face behind you hands and heard him clear his throat, seeming to understand the awkwardness of the situation.

"Soooo.." You offered to change the subject.

"So?"

"Now that it's nightfall, do you want to go on a walk with me?" You asked him, hopefully.

He hesitated before agreeing. You suggested you both go to the same forest where you first met.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N : forest romance!!!!!!