•12•. Walk

The both of you made your way to the forest. The same forest you met eachother. That one fateful night.

"Y/N..." Michikatsu asked slowly.

"Yes?"

"Do you like the night?"

You stopped to think a little.

"Yes. Yes I do."

"What makes you love nightfall? It's dark and scary.. well that's what most people think..."

"For me..." you start.

"For me, the night is the time when most living beings recharge, while some go looking for food. The night is when the earth cools down and relaxes after the long, hot day. It's when the moon shines brightly over the night sky, watching over every living being, or hanging high above the clouds, being the light in one's darkest times. The day and night go hand in hand, in keeping the balance of the earth going on."

"That's, a poetic way of describing it."

You both fell silent. The only sound audible was the sound of crickets, chirping. Michikatsu walked well ahead of you, so you ran behind him to catch up. When you came closer to him, he stopped dead in his tracks, making you slam into him.

You fell on the ground with a loud thud, catching his attention. He turned to you and lent you his hand, which you took, embarrassed.

After you got up, you asked him "Why did you ask me about the night, out of the blue?"

"I wanted to show you a couple things."

He walked a little further and drew out his sword. You finally saw his sword, which was a nichirin blue sword, which reflected the rays of the moonlight against it. It looked so sharp and it's mere sight made your eyes feel cut.

He held his sword in position, standing a few meters away from you, and muttered

"Moon Breathing : Eighth Form : Moon Dragon Ringtail."

Almost immediately, he swung his sword in such a way, he unleashes a huge single crescent slash, which turns into several smaller crescent blades as it lands.

The huge slash moved in dragon-like movements, which seemed to be outshining the moon itself, cutting a few branches of tall trees nearby.

You gasp at the huge technique used in front of you, as you stare at it in awe. Finishing, he holds down his sword and looks at you, an expecting look on his face.

"That is just one of the 16 forms of Moon Breathing, the Breathing Style I adopted, upon joining Demon Slayer Corps."

"That's impressive!!" You exclaim, clasping your hands together near your chest.

"But why did you show me?"

"I don't know. I just felt like showing you. Besides, you should know how Breathing Styles work. It's basic knowledge. We're living in a world of Demons and Demon Slayers. It's good to know a thing or two about slaying."

"I see." You look at him in anticipation.

Upon noticing your look of anticipation, he takes something out of his sleeve. You peek at his hand, in vain.

He holds out the hand and beckons you over. You walk toward him and he opens his fist, to reveal a stunning crescent moon hairpin. The same hairpin you stole.

"Wh-What? But, I stole it. You hated me for it."

"I went back and bought it, the same day. I figured it would serve a better purpose, like now. It's my thank you gift now. "