•20• Hope

"SISTER!! RUN!!"

You hear a familiar voice scream, when your legs carry you away, faster and faster, not away, but towards the source of the voice.

Your heart said hope. Your mind said danger. Yet, your heart always somehow won.

"Miss!! Don't go there!!" The Male Hashira runs, catching up to you, yet you refused to stop.

Weeks of anticipation, and worry. Finally come to an end.

You finally reached the source. Bent over, knees buckled, hands over knees, breathing heavily, you walked around, to search for your brother's voice.

That's when you feel yourself being scooped up by a inhuman arm, strong yet scary. You scream, as you felt your weight leave the ground and into the arms of the demon.

It ran into the trees, laughing maniacally. You glanced at its face, and saw a demon, smiling down at you, then laughing back, running fast across the forest.

"GOOD FOOD TONIGHT!!" It said.

You snatched at the demon's horn, making it lose control of it's motion. It howled in confusion, before throwing you away.

"WRETCH!" It shrieked, as it jumped at you again, However the black haired hashira appeared swiftly, and chopped off it's arm before it even reached your proximity.

He landed gracefully, on his feet, like a cat, and sheathed his sword carefully.

"Y-you.. should've gone for the head..." the demon managed to force out.

It aimed at you, leaping at you, but you knew better than running this time. A swift kick in it's neck did the trick, the demon fell to the ground, hands spawled on the ground before you. Your sandals were a little bent, but you didn't care.

The black haired hashira, eyebrow raised slightly, was subtly impressed.

The demon was about to grab your ankle, when an arrow pins it to the ground. The male hashira, standing with you, looked for the arrow's origin. He looked around the forest, but he couldn't see it.

You panted, breathing a heavy sigh of relief as the demon lay pinned to the ground. Without hesitation, the hashira walked over and sliced it's neck, separating it's head and body. The demon turned to dust, and the arrow remained.

You slowly reached out your hand for the arrow, and as you touched it, felt the engraved words.