𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟐

"No problem" Rowan answered, with a small smile. I watched him. I knew that was fake. That little fake smile. He turned to look down at me. "C'mon" he said and took a few steps forward then turned to face me making sure I was able to walk.

We made it out of the doors of the Med Bay and as soon as the doors closed I stopped walking and turned towards him.

"You can stop helping me now...she isn't watching" I spit out, glaring at him.

"Not happening" he answered, running a single hand through his hair. "I'm making sure you get to your room safely ," he added.

I opened my mouth, "You don't have-"

"I am" he quickly interrupted, not even taking the smallest glance at me. "Now let's go," he said, walking slowly alongside me to the elevator.

When the doors opened we both walked in, and he turned his head to look at me. "You're on floor 4 right?" he asked, hovering his finger next to button 4.

"No it's 5" I corrected and he lifted his finger and pushed 5. I rested against the railing in the far corner, laying my head up and looking at my reflection in the ceiling. My brown hair with very light blond streaks falling back and hanging. My dark brown eyes blurry in the reflection. I let my head fall forward and I stared at the door then at Rowan. I was 5'5 at 24. That's the tallest I'll ever go. I remember my doctor telling me at 15 I wouldn't grow anymore. It's funny now but I was a bit sad then.

"I don't get why you're helping me" I randomly blurted out.

He looked at me with a confused look at his face. "Huh?"

I look over at the number at the top of the elevator door and reach 5 and the doors slowly open. "You don't have to help me but you are...why?" I asked again, slowly swinging out of the elevator with the crutches, with him right behind me.

"Cause you're hurt" he replied bluntly. I reach my door and knock expecting my roommate to answer but nothing. She's probably not home. I get closer to the door and set one crutch on the wall and I start digging through my pockets for my keys.

"I knew that's not true" I said, grabbing my keys inside my pocket. "I've been hurt before and you've never gave a fuck" I pull the keys out but they get stuck on my pants and they fall out onto the floor. I reach down to get them but Rowan stops me.

"You weren't as seriously injured before as you are now" he asked, bending down and picking up the keys and sliding past me, opening the door.

"I guess' ' I mumbled to myself. I grabbed my crutch and walked inside. I turn around and see that Rowan followed me inside. He helped me to my room and then he set me on my bed.

"Can I use your bathroom?" he asks, looking around your room.

"Sure knock yourself out" I chuckle, leaning over a little pointing out my bedroom door. "Down the hall to the right, 2nd door" I specified. He nodded and walked out my room. I grabbed my pjs out from under my pillow and I changed clothes. My bedroom was painted all white and had different color paintings on my wall. I had a TV on the wall in front of my bed and a desk on the right wall under the window. On my left was my small walk in closet. Rowan came back and took another look around my room. I set my crutches beside my bed and slid into the covers carefully.

"You good?" he asked, holding a thumbs up. I nodded and smiled.

"Yea thanks" I yawned and I think that was his ticket to go. He stood there a few seconds before leaving and closing the door behind him. Not saying bye or good night or nothing. I turned my TV on and I soon fell asleep.