𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

(T/W: knife & gun)

The next day I woke up early and I saw Rowan wasn't in his bed. He probably went down to the gym. I got dressed in a green skin tight jumper and a beige cropped hoodie on top. I tied my hair in a ponytail and grabbed my headphones, my phone, and headed out. I made it down to the lobby floor then went down to the beach. I decided I would just run for a bit. Go as far as I want then back. I started running, playing music through my headphones as I was admiring all the buildings on my right and the people just chilling on the beach.

I was starting to get a bit tired and I was a bit far. I started running back slowly since I wanted to do a light jog back.

Soon I saw my hotel getting closer, and I slowed down just a bit for a cool down. I looked to my right and watched the waves crash in. The morning sun and the waves were calming and it was a beautiful sight. I always loved the beach. I stopped running for a second and pulled out my phone, deciding to take a picture of the view. I crouched down and took the picture above the sand when I felt someone watching me. I peered just a little to the right and saw a man just standing a few feet away pretending to look at the water. Or maybe he was just looking like I was. I put my phone away and started jogging again. I was getting closer to my hotel and when I glazed over my shoulder, I saw the same guy walking rapidly behind me. I sped up and finally I made my way up the stairs that lead to the pool. I walked past the pool, and took a peek. He was walking up the steps as well. I started to speed walk, when I saw Rowan opening one of the glass doors to walk inside.

"Rowan" I called, and he turned around, with an annoyed look but that quickly changed when he saw the small glimpse of panic in my eyes.

"Are you ok?" he asks, looking me up and down checking if I was injured.

"I think that guy is following me," I informed him. "He's been following me since the beach" I added, taking another glance and seeing he stopped walking and stood at an empty table by the pool. That's when I took into account how the guy looked. He had short brown hair and a beard. I couldn't see his eyes since his hair covered his face a little. He was pretty tall. Probably around Rowan's height.The guy was wearing black jeans and a gray shirt. I didn't know how he wasn't dying of heat in those jeans.

I looked back at Rowan and he was already staring at the guy.

"The one with the gray shirt and beard?" Rowan asked, I nodded and looked back at the guy and saw he looked up at us. Rowan walked over to the guy, and I grabbed his arm but he pulled his arm away.

"Rowan don't...stay over here" I whispered yelled, trying not to call attention to myself. I stayed where I was and saw the 2 interact. The guy pretended to look confused and Rowan was just angry. I was watching as the guy raised his hands in defense and 2 seconds later Rowan punched the guy.

"What the fuck" I uttered under my breath, planting my palm to my forehead. The guy fell back onto the table, holding his nose, and Rowan was walking back to me. I glared at him and noticed everyone was staring at us. "You can't be doing that" I mumbled. "Now c'mon" I grab his arm and pull him inside.

The rest of the day we spent going over our plan and finally at 4 we started getting ready. I took a quick shower and then wrapped a towel around my body, walking out of the bathroom and into the room. Rowan was laying on his bed on his phone, and I set all my stuff on my bed.

"If you're going to shower then shower and hurry" I told him, grabbing my dress. He looked up from his phone and looked at me. I felt eyes on me and I slowly glanced at him and looked away. He got up and set his phone charging on the drawer next to the beds.

"Um yea I'll do that" he said, grabbing his clothes and then going out to the bathroom. I used the closet mirror to get ready and I did my make up there. When I was done I dried my hair and then I put my dress on. The dress was my moms, but since she never used it, she gave it to me. I use a lot of my moms things mostly because when she passed away I was the only one that could really use her stuff. Not like my brother or dad was going to use it. This was the first time I had used the dress. It was a long v-neck red dress that had a slit on the side. I stared at the dress. My mom passed away 3 years ago due to cancer. I took a deep breath in and tried distracting myself by doing my hair. I didn't want to think about it. I started curling a bit of my hair and tying it up. I pinned it in well so it wouldn't fall then I sprayed some hair spray to make sure it would stay. I put on my black heels then grabbed my purse, stuffing it with my phone, my wallet, my vortex, and a hair brush that turns into a laser gun.