𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟓

We arrived at Condominio Capo D'Arco Hotel around 11:44. I checked us in while Rowan was buying snacks. The front desk lady handed me our keycards, and then I called Rowan to the elevator and we went up to our floor.

"Says here we're on the 7th floor" I said out loud, looking up and pressing the number 7. The doors open and step out onto our floor. I looked back down to the little slip of paper with our room number and it said 709. Rowan and I began looking for our room. 705. 706. 707. 708. 709. I swiped one of the keycards over the black detector and the green light showed up. I opened the door and pushed it open, walking in. All the walls were white and the floor was made out of light brown tiles. As we walked in there was a very small hallway then immediately there's a small opening on the left going into the kitchen. I turn left and there's a countertop connected to the wall with chairs underneath. In front of the kitchen was the living room with dark gray striped couches. At the very end, on the right were the glass doors leading out to the balcony. I kept going straight and there was a wooden door. When I reached the door, I looked left and saw a hallway that led to the bathroom. I opened the wooden door and there were 2 beds inside, with a closet on the left. I set my suitcase on the wall in front of the beds and I walked over to the bed that was close to the window on the right.

"I want this bed" I announced, falling onto the bed, tired.

"Why that one?" Rowan asked, setting his suitcase next to mine and sitting down on the bed in front of the door.

"Because if there's danger, you'll be the first to know" I replied, with a tired smirk.

"Haha very funny" He scoffed, taking his shoes off and getting back up. He opened his suitcase and pulled out some clothes that I didn't see. He left the room to go to the bathroom. My eyes shut slowly, but I was quickly awoken by Rowan.

"What?!" I complained, jetlagged. I saw he changed into gray sweat shorts and a black tank top. The typical 'boy wear'.

"I wanna sleep too trust me but R.O.S.E. is going to send us information, remember?" He said with the tone as if he's speaking to a child. "Sebastian said they'd send the information by 8 am their time" Rowan continued, even though I was half asleep. "Meaning they'll send it to us at 1 pm our time"

"So 3 hours is what I'm hearing?" I mumbled, my eyes closed.

"Yup" Rowan answered, standing at the bedroom door.

"Got it so I'll be asleep for that time" I stated. I could see Rowan roll his eyes and walk out. He probably went to eat or something. I fell asleep instantly and was going to savor those 3 hours.

*3 hours later*

"Iya wake up" Rowan yelled before feeling a pillow hit my head. I groaned and lifted my head up, squinting as the sunlight shined through the window. Rowan jumped onto my bed and sat beside me, his vortex in his hand.

A vortex was the company's device of communication without getting tracked. It's a 3 inch long silver tube that requires whoever it belongs to's fingerprint to be accessed. Once opened it flashes a hologram where you can do anything.

"So?" I asked, rolling to my side and yawning. Rowan flicked open his vortex and the rectangular hologram popped up with words writing on it. Since I was in front of him all the words were backwards and I wasn't able to read.

"The auction is tomorrow and it begins at 5:30." Rowan paused and read a little more. "There's going to be a little opening party in the beginning where people just drink and talk then the auction will begin" Rowan looked up at me. "and the fun will begin" I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be cheesy" I grumbled, lifting my head up and resting it on my hand.

"Whatever. Pay attention" he ordered. "We have to dress formally, and I'm hoping you have nice clothes?" He asked, looking at me un-approvingly.