(chapter 8)

Ezra

Happily, I walked into art, I was then greeted by Mrs. Carters .

Before taking a seat, I skimmed the room.

My eyes found Mia González, she was painting , colours plastered her canvas .

From what I could see she was creating a bouquet of flowers, reds yellows and pinks occupied the picture .

She was a very pretty girl, and constantly happy, a trait of which we did not share.

I then noticed Zayn...

He sat at the very back of the room , a very distant look on his face.

His hands glided smoothly along a piece of white paper as he drew.

I walked back over to Mrs. Carters.

" Mrs. C ?" I whispered.

"yes dear?" she stood up, as she was shuffling papers and attempting to organize them by shoving them in the cabinet next to her.

"what's the assignment?"

"oh, just free draw dear, I'm a little tied up right now" she giggled

I took my seat next to the window , placing my bag down, I took out my sketch book and pencil and placed it neatly on my lap.

I cleared my mind, picked up my drawing utensil and gently pressed it to the paper.

In a matter of minutes, a hand appeared on my page, soft and delicate looking.

The hand held a grey shaded rose.

The pedals held tightly together, indicating it had just grown. The stem was long and had a couple of thorns peering out of it.

"That's beautiful" Mia was peeking over my shoulder, I jumped a little when she spoke.

"I'm sorry, I've just never seen any of your drawings, and you've definitely ceased to amaze me" she giggled

"Thank you " our gaze never left the sketch book.

"I'm Mia" she stuck out her hand.

"Ezra" I smiled sympathetically

"Can I see yours? I only got a far away look when I walked in"

"Course!" she walked over to her large canvas. I followed and watched her pull off the sheet she had over top of it.

"wow" I had almost lost my words. Bright girly colours filled the flowers on her page. They sat in a tall , what seemed to be glass vase.

"pretty neat huh?" clearly Mia was proud of her work , considering the whole time a smile had been spread across her face.

About half an hour had gone by, I finished my drawing completely and signed the corner with my initials.

I got up and made my way to the door.

The hallways were empty, but I could hear footsteps close behind me.

"So what do I do now" You know that feeling when your about to run a race and your heart is running faster than your legs ever will? that's what it feels like every time I hear Zayns voice.

"what do you mean.."

"you know exactly what I mean" He was upset.

"Just leave me alone , that's what you do" I kept walking .

"I don't want to!" He came very close to me, I turned to make eye contact.

"I didn't ask you what you wanted Zayn"

"You can't just love me one day and- "

"Love you?! I don't love you! I never will!" I regretted that. Hard. He brushed passed me and made his way down the hall and out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, Ezra, stop being stupid and just love him already! xx