(chapter 10)

Zayn

Ezra was hard to figure out, like a puzzle of a million pieces, a beautiful puzzle though..

"Dad I'm going out" I passed my father , who was sitting reading the paper with my mother to his side.

"where are you going?" mom sipped her tea.

"For a walk" I rushed to throw my jacket over myself.

"its raining dear , take an umbrella" my mom smiled and pointed to the closet. I assumed the umbrella was inside . I ignored and went out the door.

It was cold , but I didn't care.

Rain patted on my face and slipped down my cheek bones. I lifted my hood over my head and made my way down the street.

I passed by a lot of old looking houses and then a house that was under construction.

A couple turns and I was nearly at my destination. I wasn't sure if what I was about to do was stupid. But, it was worth it. If there was one thing I learned from "we bought a zoo" it was that all you need is 20 seconds of courage.

I made my way up the porch, I held my breath then exhaled when I stood in front of the door.

My knuckles hit the hard wall and I waited.

The door opened, two lovely blue eyes locked with mine.

"Hi" I smiled.

"Zayn, what are you doing here"

"Can you come out?"

"Zayn I cant-"

"Please" I begged, I watched her walk back inside and then she came out with her coat on .

"What is this about.." she shook her head. We walked right in the middle of the street , I wasn't sure on where we were going but it didn't matter because all I wanted to do was talk to her.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I went straight to the point, I was shaking a little, though I wasn't sure if it was because I was cold or nervous.

"I'm not avoiding you.."

"Yeah and the sky's not blue either" my sarcastic comment made her go silent.

"what did I do wrong?" I stopped her, rain poured over top of us and I had to raise my voice so that she could hear me.

"You didn't do anything"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm stopping the chapter here, next chapter will be Ezra's POV xx