(Chapter 23)

Ezra

"C'mon Ez," Zayn wrapped his arms around my waist as I tried to zip my suitcase.

"Here," he moved my hand out of the way and pulled the zipper up.

"Ezra," my mother called , her tone was very impatient "we've got to go now"

"Let's go," Zayn took the handle of his luggage and I took mine.

We stepped outside and threw our stuff in the back of my mothers Ford Escape.

I smiled when I realized the sun was out , sending a chill of heat up my spine.

"You're so beautiful Ezra Malik"

"Malik?," I laughed and got into the back of the car with Him.

"Yeah, it flows," he chuckled. Mom was smiling at his words as she began to drive towards the airport.

"Zayn?" Mom glanced through her mirror and then back at the road.

"Yes?" he tilted his head to get a better look at her.

"What do your parents work for?" she furrowed her brows and turned the music down.

"Ehm, my moms a doctor and my fathers an author," His mouth curved upwards into a smile that I hadn't seen in a while. The one that was so gorgeous it had effects on me, causing my eyes to travel along each corner of his lips.

The small talk between the two went on for about another half hour.

When they finished I had almost fell asleep; Zayn took his fingers and sloppily placed them with mine and allowed me to lean my head against his shoulder.

I felt him press his lips to my cheek.

"I Love You" he whispered. He said it like I wasn't supposed to reply, because he knew exactly what my answer was going to be.

We arrived at the airport. Planes flew above our heads as we made our way inside. We were greeted by a couple of security and a women dressed in a tight blue skirt and blazer.

"Have a safe trip Ezra," my mom held her arms out to embrace me.

We hadn't hugged in a long time, it was warm and welcoming. I then realized how much I missed them.

"I love you mom," I looked her in the eyes, I could've sworn she was about to cry.

"I love you too Ezra."

Different flights were being called through a speaker. Me and Zayn sat together waiting for our plane.

"I can't wait to eat," he held his stomach and pouted.

"Me too," just then, me and Zayn locked eyes as our flight was called. We got up, I slung my bag over my shoulder and pulled my suitcase.

"Ready?" he stuck his hand out.

I inhaled.

"Yeah"

Love, L-O-V-E. The word never meant anything to me, it was a pointless game.

Game of loss.

Game of tears.

Game of heartbreak.

A game that was only won by few. The rest were just left behind to fend for themselves.

And I , Ezra Flores , won the game.

It was difficult battle. Before I used to think I was weak, Unstable and worthless.

By now I think... why? I never realized how strong I was, over everything.

Every night, I'd cry myself to sleep because I hated myself so much.

I would blame myself for Jacobs death.

It hurt me to know that he was gone, but I needed to set it aside.

Because that is the past. and this is now.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

*plays "little things" while credits go by*

Thank you all for reading this fan fiction! if you could tell some friends about it that would be fricken awesome! I love you all.

Thank you to @/planetpalik for her wonderful editing and ideas!

I will miss this story so much, I enjoyed writing and having you guys supporting me! thank you again♥ - kenzie