(Chapter 19)

Zayn

"So where are we going?" Ezra had curled her hair today, it swayed as we walked hand in hand and our shoulders brushed together.

"You'll see" I smirked.

We walked down multiple streets, then we made our way to a dead end.

"You sure we're going th-"

"Yes Ezra" I interrupted.

Clouds formed above us , causing the sky to darken. Twigs cracked underneath our feet and a breeze sent chills up my back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezra

I tried to keep up with Zayn, the fact that I had no clue where we were going made it harder to adapt to the path. The further we went into these woods, (which by the way, I had never seen before. which also shows how much I get out.) the darker it got.

"SH!" Zayn gripped my arm.

"What?" I whispered.

"Did you hear that?" he made my heart pace and fly out of my throat.

"No."

"I'm just kidding" he kept walking.

"Zayn!" I punched him the arm.

"Ow" he rubbed the skin and laughed.

About 5 more minutes of cold breezes and annoying squirrel noises, we made it to the destination.

"Here it is" he took my hand again and I examined the area.

I scrunched my nose at the burnt down , garage sized building in front of us. It was made of crashed down brick walls and busted windows. We walked around the side and went in.

"Id come here all the time when I needed to clear my head" he sat on the ground and brushed the dust next to him then gestured for me to sit.

"Alone?"

He nodded.

"Not during this time a day" he shook his head, "usually mornings or maybe afternoons, but never at this time"

"I would never come here at anytime" The broken glass and trees that surrounded us creeped me out. I pushed myself closer to Zayn, begging for protection.

"Not even with me?" he pouted.

"Well, yeah. of course. But not alone."

he gave me a small nod and spoke again.

"Oh, I almost forgot" he got up went around the destroyed wall behind us.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm right here Ezra" he laughed from the other side.

"Just watch," he added.

I waited a couple seconds and then stared in amazement. Lights. Blue, purple, and gold. The gold had caught my attention the most, it reminded me of sitting in my window and watching the street lights turn on and off.

"Neat huh?" Sat back down and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Amazing" It was unlike anything I had seen. At first, the brick walls startled me, and reminded me of a horror movie. Then with a blink of an eye, lights hung everywhere.

And then I thought something.

You can take anything that was once so unpleasant and repulsive, and make it beautiful again.

"Am I doing a good job?" his tone was soft.

"Of what?"

"Helping you." his reply wasn't something I had expected.

"Zayn, I never asked you to do a good job" I paused, "I just needed someone to stay"

There was a long period of silence.

"Can we go back home now?" He got up and stuck his hand out to help me. When our hands connected, I felt the same calm feeling whenever he held me.

I liked that.

When we got back, Zayn called his mother and informed her that he would be staying another night, my mother was working night shift so me and Zayn had the house to ourselves.

We laid together on my bed once again, hands and legs entwined.

"You have a hard punch" he mumbled and lifted his sleeve which revealed a small bruise.

"Oh my god , Zayn I'm sorry"

"Its alright" I then gently pressed my lips to the side of his arm.

"Better?" I giggled.

"Yes, better"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

♥♥soo,what did you guys think? click the link in my bio and vote for this chapter? I really appreciate when you do. Anyways, love you guys! - kenzie