Dream

You woke up in the warm arms of your wife.

Morning draga. She said and kissed your chapped lips. You chuckled and nestled closer to her.
__

It was like any normal day, you and your wife waking up eat breakfast together and then doing daily activities.

You'd both contact each other through out the day, chatting and telling each other how much you miss each other.

Life couldn't be more perfect...

Until it wasn't.

You had been in and accident that had sent your beloved to the emergency room.

You had escaped with minor injuries but your sweet Alcina hadn't.
____

Hey Alcina, was wondering if you'd like to go out tonight maybe like a date night? You said while driving from work.

You sent the voice message and went along with your day.

Later you received a message from Alcina,

Oh my sweetheart! I'd love too. Also please pick me up tonight I'm exhausted from work.

Her voice sounded tired and you felt bad for asking her when you should've known that today was when the shipping containers would arrive.

You were getting ready when you got a phone call from your boss asking you to pick up the bags of money.

You sighed and complied.

Soon you got a call from Alcina asking where you were when you were supposed to pick her up.

You completely forgot and quickly packed everything away and drove to her workplace.

She stood outside with a tired look. You felt horrible now.

She got in the car and you turned to her, she didn't look at you but outside at the swaying trees.

Alci I'm so very sorry. I forgot about what I had said today—

Alcina turned over to you and cupped your cheeks and placed a well needed kiss.

Mh...I needed this. It's okay. I understand sweetheart. She said and kissed you again. You returned the favor and smiled happily.
___

You two were on the road late at night coming back from dinner. At the stop light it had turned green signaling you to go and you did. You failed to see the high speed car coming and it rammed into the side of the car.

Your car skidded against the road.

You felt yourself lose control of the wheel and you held out onto your wife.
___

You woke up hours later with an unbearable headache. You looked around before your gaze was set on a body.

Alcina... you quickly stood up and felt yourself falling but held up and limped over to her.

She was not in any shape or form good.

A—Alcina... you couldn't comprehend anything right now.

You never once in your life wanted to see her in this situation but..

You were in so much pain but it wasn't compared to the pain your dear wife was in.

Her face had scars and her body was badly damaged.

A doctor soon came to your aid, telling you you shouldn't be standing up. You didn't care and held onto your wife's hand.

You gently held her hand and kissed her head one more time before being helped and discharged later.

You didn't want to leave Alcina but they said she'd have to stay in intensive care to get better and you understood but wanted to watch over her.

They said yes but you'd have to get some rest before doing anything fast.
___

You went to therapy and physical therapy. You visited Alcina daily sometimes even staying with her and talking to her even though it ended with tears.
___

Days, Weeks, Months, and a year has passed since the incident and you have gotten back to work and learned to drive again

One thing you didn't have was your wife. Your life had gone on you haven't cried.

On week 8 you had finally stopped crying but still felt the sense too.

The doctors haven't seen anything different except for the swelling in parts of her body that have settled back to normal.

But she hasn't woken from her deep sleep.

The doctors said it would be a waste of time to keep waiting when there hasn't been nothing they could do except wait and see if she wakes up.

You cried having to think of the fact you might have to pull the plug and see her—her..die.
___

The day came and she hasn't woken up.

You had sat there and looked over her beautiful features.

She had given her all. Fighting to stay alive and now you were the one that had to lay her to rest.

You grabbed her hands and kissed them fondly remembering all the times you'd spent together.

How you loved this woman with your life.

You finally cried. You let the flood gates open and tears streamed down your cheeks.

For the first time in so long you felt like you didn't know what to do or who to hold onto.

Your hand shook as you held the only thing keeping her alive.

Finally you pulled it and time stopped.

You held her in your arms. Silently.

She was gone.

"When death takes my hand I will hold you with the other and promise to find you in every lifetime."

"And in the end I will seek you out amongst the stars. The space dust of me will whisper "I love you" into the infinity of the universe."