summer recap

Ayla's summer had been hectic. Harry was expelled and had a trial for using underage magic. Which she thought was stupid. Her father had been more concerned about his daughter's nightmares rather than his own godson's trial. He would hear her screaming in the middle of the night and rushed to her room immediately.

"It was all so vivid. First, it was mum. Then, Aunt Dorcas and Aunt Marlene. Then Cedric. And that light. That horrid green light." She mumbled as Sirius held her in his arms. "Dad, I'm scared."

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, pup. It's just your mind being cruel." He said comforting her. "Nightmares are your twisted thoughts trying to hurt you."

"These are real. I saw these happen. It's stupid memories rewinding all the bloody time." Ayla cried. "I want to forget them and when I do, they come back."

"Baby girl, you have experienced a pain no child would ever understand." Sirius said. "You're okay, now. I'm not going to let anything hurt you. I mean that." She nodded. "Now, try and sleep. I'll check up on you in the morning."

"Okay." She said. Sirius kissed her forehead and got up walking to the door. "Wait, dad."

"Yes?"

"Can you stay with me? Until I fall asleep." She muttered. "Please."

J: awww

M: stop it right now. I'm going to cry

B: my babies

"Of course, pup." He said walking back over to her. He sat down next to her as she crawled up next to him. He stroked her hair as she closed her eyes and drifted away. He looked down and smiled at his sleeping daughter.

L: this is so cute

D: stop it

B: awwwn

J: *crying* don't look at me like that Marlene

M: *crying* shut up I'm emotional too you know

~

"What goes on in the Order meetings?" Harry asked.

"We don't know. We're not allowed." Hermione answered.

"Ayla is, though." Ron added.

"She's our source of information." George said. Then Molly walked in and told the kids to go upstairs to leave them be and get their meeting over and done with.

"How is Ayla allowed in Order meetings and we're not?!" Fred complained.

"That's unfair, mum!" George added. Ayla poked her tongue to them who made a face back.

"I'm not her mother." Molly answered.

"Don't worry, I'll tell you everything." She whispered.

"You fucking better." George whispered back.

"I always do." She said sending a wink to the other teenagers leaving the room.
~

Turned out Harry was no longer expelled. So, they were on their way to the station to drop the kids off for school. Ayla and Vi were excited but dread also filled Ayla.

"But what if I have more nightmares? What if my nightmares get worse?" Ayla questioned. "What if I get too scared to sleep? Dad, I'll need you."

"You'll be perfectly fine." He answered. "You have Mattheo for that." She looked at him deadpanned.

"Dad, I'm serious."

"No, you're not. I am." He teased. "You're Ayla. I would know I did name you."

"Dad!"

"I'm kidding, junior. Calm down." He said laughing.

"You're not funny."

"I'm hilarious. You have been complaining about not seeing your boyfriend all summer. Why the change of heart?" He asked.

"My boyfriend has nothing to do with my lack of sleep." She argued. "Sure, I missed him and what not. But I feel like a child who can't sleep without her emotional support teddy bear. You are my teddy bear."

"Wow, 16 years later and you are still a daddy's girl." Remus said. "Who would've thought?"

"Shut up."

"Pup, you will do fine without me. It's just until Christmas and I can stay with you as long as you need me to." Sirius said. "Now, go. Have fun at school or whatever."

"I hate school. I have OWLs this year." She mentioned. "I may as well pitch myself off the astronomy tower."

"Because of tests?" Remus questioned.

"Exactly."

"You are just like your father." Her godfather said.

"Really, Remus, really?" Sirius questioned sarcastically.

"Wow, I haven't heard that one before." She said sarcastically.

"Yeah, you know what, I would have an aneurysm with two dramatic Blacks in one roof." Remus replied. "Now, fuck off to school."

"Whoa, language. They're first years around." Ayla teased. "Is this the kind of example you want for your goddaughter who is standing right in front of you?"

"You've done and said worser so piss off." He said. Ayla smiled knowing she pissed him off. "Your boyfriend's over there staring at you. Go on, hug him. Make out with him some more."

"Fuck you." She said. Remus smiled.

"Come on, junior, don't leave him waiting." Sirius  teased.

"You two are fucking annoying." She said walking off.

"She's walking to him, isn't she?" Sirius asked his best friend as they watched Ayla walk away.

"Of course, she is." Remus said as they hugged each other. "And there's the hug."

"Time for the kiss." Sirius added. Ayla had one hand in Mattheo's shoulder and the other on his forearm. He leaned in to kiss her cheek. "Oh. The cheek. Damn."

"They know we're watching."

"Yep." Ayla turned around and saw her father and godfather looking at the couple.

"Hate my dad sometimes." She said to Mattheo who laughed.

"He's better than mine that's for sure."

"How was your summer?"

"Boring. Wondered why you never wrote."

"I know. I'm sorry. I really wanted to." She said. "But my dad had me on lockdown all summer so I wasn't allowed. Thank god, I had Vi though. I would've died in that house." Good. He thought. Mattheo knew it would've been terrible if she had written to him. Especially with his father along with him in Malfoy Manor. His father already knew more than enough about her.

"The Malfoys were so fucking boring."

"They would've been."

"Can't even imagine how you lived there."

"Trust me, neither can I."