wish you were sober

Blaise's party rolled around the next day. It was just as big as it was last year. The Slytherin common room packed. Ayla grabbed Theodore's arm and dragged him out of the party.

"I smoked all mine at home, please tell me you have some." She asked. He looked at her and smirked.

"Ayla, who do you think I am?" Theo questioned taking a cigarette out of his pocket.

"You're a fucking lifesaver, that's what you are." Ayla laughed. As they spent the first ten minutes of their time smoking a joint before they walked back into the party. Blaise, as always, got Ayla drunk. The duo danced and drank. Viola snuck off somewhere. Hermione left to head back to the Gryffindor common room. It was around 3 am and people were staring to leave. Ayla felt a grab on her arm and looked at saw Mattheo. She rolled her eyes.

"Why are you everywhere?" She asked him.

"You're drunk, love. Let's go." He said escorting her away from the party. 

"Not drunk enough." Ayla protested.

"Ayla Estelle Black, you are going to bed, do you understand me?" Mattheo said sternly.

"Sorry dad." She mocked.

"I mean it, Ayla. Don't push me. Now, let's go." He said dragging her up the stairs. She stumbled a little but Mattheo was always there to help her. She made it to the top of the stairs and looked down at Blaise who was by himself.

"Love you, Blaiseee!! Happy fucking birthday, mate." She slurred waving at Blaise. Mattheo rolled his eyes.

"Byeee Aylaaa!! I love you!!" Blaise slurred as Ayla disappeared down the hall as she headed to her dorm.

"Why are you following me?" Ayla asked Mattheo who left her to try walk on her own but kept his hand near to her waist to hoist her up when she needed it. He just giggled at her.

"Because you are not capable of walking on your own." Mattheo said. "And because you need to be taken care of, especially in such a drunk state."

"Oh, don't act like you care about me." Ayla slurred.

"Who says I'm acting, love?" He question in a teasing manner. Then she stumbled but luckily Mattheo grabbed onto her waist and caught her fall. "See? Can't walk straight, can you?"

"Oh shut up." She said then paused. "Which one is my dorm again?"

~

Ayla woke up with a raging headache and threw up twice. Viola had not returned which made her quite concerned but she was too busy throwing up to care at the time. She felt someone rub her back and hold her hair back.

"Shhh. You're alright, love." She recognised Mattheo's voice. She grab a paper towel to wipe her mouth and looked at him.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"How drunk were you?" Mattheo joked. Ayla just glared at him. She was tired and her hangover was not helping, neither was Mattheo's jokes. "Well, first of all, you're in my room. I wasn't leaving you alone with you clearly being drunk off your head. Second of all, you begged me to stay with you. You almost got on your knees at one point."

"Ok, shut up." Ayla exclaimed not wanting to hear about her drunk endeavors. Mattheo laughed at her. "Glad to know my drunk ass entertained you. And whose clothes am I in?"

"Mine. I wasn't gonna leave you in your dress, as pretty as it was. I wanted you to wake up comfortable. You're such a stupid drunk, do you know that?" 

"I have made many stupid decisions whilst being drunk so yes, I am aware."

"Like hooking up with Weasley?" Mattheo questioned.

"Don't judge me. You hooked up with Pansy. At least I had standards." Ayla said before she threw up again. Despite, the choice of topic, Mattheo was still there to comfort her. He wanted to do right by her. "Even her name makes me throw up."

"You are like a little bundle os chaos, my love. I swear."

"Thanks." Then she threw up again. After 20 more minutes of being stuck in the bathroom. Mattheo carried Ayla back to bed where she slept for another few hours. And she actually slept. The scent of Mattheo's clothes gave her a sense of comfort and with his body pressed up against hers. His arms around her waist. She slept like a baby. Better than when she did at home. Lorenzo walked in to see the two cuddling.

"She's sleeping better. I'd say that had something to do with you." Enzo teased with a small smirk. "You know, you're an actual fuckwit. If you had just comforted her like this in the first place, your whole relationship wouldn't be as complicated as it is now."

"Yes, Lorenzo, I fucked up. I know." Mattheo whispered, trying not to wake Ayla.

"Be careful though. Blaise and Draco would absolutely murder you if they saw this." Enzo said. "Draco's with Greengrass, and Blaise is in Ayla's bed."

"Where were you, mate?" Mattheo asked with a small smirk. Enzo looked at him, giving him a similar smirk. "You fucking prick. You and Vi?"

"Yep."

"You need to ask her out soon, mate. I swear."

"Someday, maybe." 

"Not someday. Soon." Mattheo laughed.

"Well, have fun with sleeping beauty." Enzo said. "Treat her good this time."

"Of course, mate. Wouldn't treat her any other way." Mattheo smiled and looked down at Ayla, stroking her hair. "She deserves the fucking world, and I'll be the one to give it to her."