Summer

Ayla's summer went by agonisingly slow. Lucius was locked up again. Remus grounded her after she and Regulus snuck into that death eater meeting. Nightmares reoccurring. The last week of summer, Remus allowed her some freedom. Hermione and Viola had managed to convince her to visit Fred and George's joke shop they opened up.

They walked through the store, checking out all the tricks and jokes they came up with.

"Ginny, you're too pretty to need a love potion." Ayla says with a small laugh as Ginny and Hermione check out the love potions the twins made.

"It's not like she needs one anyways." George says appearing besides Ayla with Fred on the other side of her. "The way we see it is that you're doing just fine on your own."

"Meaning?" Ginny questioned.

"Are you currently dating Dean Thomas?" Fred says as him and George wear matching smirks to their little sister. Ayla and Vi chuckled.

"That's none of your business." Ginny retorted.

"Of course, it's not." Fred said sarcastically.

"Keep an eye on her for us, will ya Hermione?" George said jokingly.

"Leave her alone, you two." Ayla said rolling her eyes with a small smile on her face.

"Yes ma'am." The twins said in unison, both winking at Ayla simultaneously before they walked off to another customer.

"Oh so that's the Ayla Black effect?" Hermione said with a small smirk.

"The Ayla Black effect?" Ayla questioned.

"Yeah, your ways of making boys fall at your feet." Viola answered.

"Oh shut up." Ayla says rolling her eyes. The girls just giggled at her reaction.

~

Ayla, Hermione, Ron, Viola and Harry had left the shop and wandered through Diagon Alley. Harry spotted Draco and his mother and decided to follow them. The rest of the group followed Harry.

"Is this really necessary?" Vi questioned in a hushed tone.

"He's up to no good." Harry said.

"And your proof?" Ayla questioned.

"This is my proof."

"Right. My cousin and aunt walking around Diagon Alley is them being 'up to no good'. Makes total sense." Ayla said sarcastically.

"Can you trust me on this?" Harry said. The five of them hide behind a corner as they watch Draco and Narcissa walk towards Borgins and Burkes. It was complete silence until Ron, of all people, just had to sneeze. The sound echoed through the  empty alley which alerted the Malfoys.

"Who's there?" Draco called out in a threatening tone. Ayla, Harry, Vi and Hermione glare at Ron who just simply shrugs. "I said, who's there?! Don't make me say it again."

"Sorry." Ron mouthed. Draco blasted a spell at one of the stone walls, making little parts of rubble fall. Ayla rolled her eyes and stepped out into the alley, putting her hands up in surrender.

"It's just me, you psycho." She said walking towards her aunt and cousin. "If there was any family member that i thought would kill me, I would've expected it to be Bellatrix."

"Merlin, Ayla, don't scare us like that." Draco said as he lowered his wand into his pocket.

"How are you holding up, dear?" Narcissa asked as she rubbed Ayla's arm.

"Fine." She replied. "What are you guys up to?"

"Heading to Borgin's and Burkes." Draco said.

"I'll be inside." Narcissa said, leaving the two cousins alone. They stood in silence for a moment before Draco decided to break the silence.

"Mattheo was asking about you."

"Good to know."

"He misses you."

"Good for him."

"And look about the whole Pansy thing, I- I feel bad. She didn't know about Sirius, none of us did."

"I know. You don't need to apologise for her."

"But still, I feel bad."

"Don't be."

"And about the whole thing at the meeting, Mattheo was just jealous."

"I know. You don't need to apologise for him either."

"I know, I just-"

"Feel bad? I can tell."

"We'll just go inside, yeah?"

"Sounds great."

~

Ayla followed Draco inside where they met Narcissa and a few other death eaters inside. Ayla saw Fenrir Greyback and felt her stomach drop. He was probably the only deatheater to make her feel that way. He met her gaze and gave her a sinister smile, showing off his fangs. Ayla felt a shiver run up her spine. She stood alongside her aunt while they began business.

Once everything was sorted, Narcissa pulled Ayla aside.

"Can you promise me something?" Narcissa asked.

"Yeah, of course." She replied.

"Look after Draco for me. He needs you a lot more than he tends to accept. You're the only person he has at that school that I know will protect him." Narcissa said. "So, please, look  after my son. That's all i ask."

Ayla nods her head softly. "Yeah, i can do that. I promise."

Narcissa smiled at her niece, cupping her face in her hands. "What did this family ever do to deserve a girl like you?"

M: I wonder the same thing