eight

The ninja stormed into the police department, clothes damp and hair strewn with leaves but just as determined and devoted as they were with any other mission

The ninja stormed into the police department, clothes damp and hair strewn with leaves but just as determined and devoted as they were with any other mission. Crabby scurried after them, scorpion tail wagging gleefully.

The unfortunate officer that'd been left to man the front desk gasped in shock. "Uh . . ."

"Is the Police Commissioner here?" Kai demanded urgently.

Not trusting his voice to function, the officer nodded meekly.

As Zane ran past him, he smiled. "Don't forget: the best way to defeat your enemy is to make him your friend."

"Aren't you, Crabby," Jay cooed, petting the creature before following his friends.

"Crabby," Wu agreed from Cole's arms.

"Hey, what am I supposed to do with him?" questioned another officer.

"Take him to the zoo," Nya suggested with a casual shrug.

"We don't have a zoo!"

They ran into yet another officer outside the commissioner's door.

"We need the Commissioner," explained Kai.

The man shook his head. "He's not taking any visitors."

"But it's important," insisted Cole.

"All his work is important," the officer pointed out.

"Don't make me zap you," Jay threatened.

"Jay, wai-"

He zapped him.

Y/n sighed and followed her crazy coworkers as they barged into the Commissioner's office, interrupting his painting session.

All at once, they began to shout.

Nya, "Commissioner!"

Pixal, "So good to see you."

Kai, "There's no time to lose."

Cole, "Sorry to barge in, but it's really quite urgent."

Zane, "We have to vacate the city."

Jay, "We need weapons. Lots and lots and lots of weapons."

Y/n, "We zapped your man. Whoops, um, the citizens are in danger."

And Wu, "Crabby!"

The Commissioner waved his hands for them to settle down. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. One at a time. Just shoot it to me straight. What's gonna do me in?"

"Pardon? Do you in?" Pixal echoed.

The moustached man shook his head with a tired sigh. "Every time something bad happens to the city, first thing they do is can the police commissioner. So what is it this time? Subterranean mutant insects? Indomitable flesh-eating zombies? A pirate genie?"