twelve

The Brookstone siblings and Wu lay pressed against the dry soil, spying on the Hunters as they paraded the white, red, and blue ninja around their camp

"They're headed towards that arena," informed Cole, referring to the sandstone dome they were beelining for. "But I don't think they're going to see a show."

"Then we have to go in there and break them out," Wu said simply. "Come on!" He jumped from their hiding place, but Cole caught him by the collar.

"Are you crazy?" He pulled the boy down beside him. "This place is crawling with Hunters and getting caught isn't on my to-do-list. We're gonna have to wait it out."

"Don't put off till tomorrow what can be done today," Wu reminded him.

"Uh?" Cole was flabbergasted. "Did you- Did you just use my words against me?"

Y/n stifled a laugh, high-fiving little Wu. "They were my words first. You just borrowed them," he said sassily.

"I'm not putting anything off," Cole defended. "I'm trying to come up with a plan. What do you expect me to do? Take them on all by myself?" He cupped his hands as if they were binoculars, struggling to see the faraway figure. Wu pulled out a genuine pair. "Since when did you have that?"

Wu shrugged, peering through the binoculars. "I borrowed it earlier. Like how you borrowed my wisdom." He spotted a clothesline. "There! We can use disguises."

"Uh, I don't know," fussed Cole. "Disguises haven't worked out so good for us in the past." Wu was already halfway down the hill. "Master Wu! Get back here! Wu!"

Y/n slid down after the boy, sailing the slope of sand as if snowboarding. The déjà vû hit her again. She had a strange feeling that she'd spent a lot of time in the mountains before, skiing or snowboarding. She also had the unexplainable urge to climb the nearest mountain just to stand on its peak and feel the wind billowing past her.

Weird.

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊

Skylor's truck drove up to a warehouse-like structure with three large garage doors lining the front of it. The walls were painted a light teal.

"What is this place?"Lloyd questioned.

Pixal examined the building as Skylor parked inside of it. "It appears to be a garbage depot."

The stepped down from the garbage truck and onto the concrete floor. "I call it, the rest of the Resistance," Skylor siad. "First things first. Intros. You've already met Karlof, Turner, and Shade." She nodded at the three. "And that's Neuro, Master of the Mind. And Tox, Master of Poison."

Tox, the woman with radioactive green hair, narrowed her eyes at Dareth. Just what are you supposed to be?"

"I'm Dareth, master of, uh . . ." he trailed off. "-uh, Brown."