fourteen

"Guys, I heard Lloyd," Jay said with a sense of urgency

"Guys, I heard Lloyd," Jay said with a sense of urgency. "The Resistance never quits." It never quits."

They were back at camp after a successful hunt, and Daddy No Legs stood guard over them with Muzzle. The Hunters didn't seem to care what they were talking about in the wake of their victory.

"Looks like we lost Jay again," Kai sighed with a shrug.

"No, no, no. I'm not crazy," insisted Jay. "I really heard him. On the radio."

"If that's true, then let's hope Cole can get us out of here," Zane stated.

Kai glanced at the wind dragon, now laid over a bed of firewood. "Yeah. Get us all out of here."

Cole came up to negotiate with Muzzle. "We've got it. If we can't shoot straight, may as well make ourselves useful." Muzzle muttered to No Legs, and they both left the ninja with, well, the ninja.

The moment the Hunters had gone, Kai jumped to grip the cage bars. "Tell me you have a plan."

"Well, it's in the early stages," Cole replied sheepishly.

"He doesn't have a plan," Wu deadpanned.

Somewhere behind them, Iron Baron was shouting triumphantly to his Hunters. "Tonight, we feast!" Y/n gestured to the teeming crowd of First Realm progenies.

"With this place swarming with Hunters, breaking you out is nearly impossible," she pointed out.

"If only Firstbourne paid Iron Baron a visit, we'd have a distraction," Zane mused. Jay perked up, eyes widening as if remembering something.

"Wait, what did you just say?"

Zane blinked, puzzled. "Did I mispronounce the name? The mother of all dragons you spoke of. It sounds like there's a lot of history between her and Iron Baron."

"We're only confined by the walls we build ourselves," Jay recited, a faraway look in his eyes. "Build the impossible."

Wu crossed his arms. "Yup. Sounds crazy."

"Those were your words!" protested Jay. His outcry earned some attention from irritated Hunters. Kai shushed him.

"What are you getting at?" the brunette asked in a whisper.

"Okay. If we can't wait for the mother of all Dragons, we build it."

Kai groaned. "Now I know you've lost it."

"Jay might be onto something," Zane put in. "If we could trick Iron Baron into thinking he's under attack-"

"-then we could have the distraction to break you out," Cole finished, realizing what Zane was thinking.

"Hey, Dangerbuff," called Daddy No Legs. "Stop burning daylight, and get over here!"

Cole put on his Rocky Dangerbuff voice to respond. "Uh, yeah, be right there."