sixteen

thanks for much for 1k views! seriously, you guys make my day

They were back in their current hideout, a scrappy little hut that had seen better days but stood firm nonetheless. Kind of like the Resistance itself, ironically.

Screams echoed down the streets as the Sons of Garmadon tore their way down the river.

"It's chaos out there," Nya reported as she entered the shack. "But we're safe for now." The shouts became muffled as she shut the door behind her.

Lloyd, who'd finished his ramen a while ago but had been waiting not-so-patiently for Mystake to finish her tea, spoke up. "All right. We've all had our fill. Now, are you gonna tell us how you turned into a rat?"

Mystake took one final sip of tea, setting down the empty cup at last. "Ahh. The rat is easy! How about this?" She morphed into Master Wu himself.

The Resistance collectively gasped.

"Not too shabby for an old woman." Mystake shifted back into herself and giggled cheekily.

Lloyd finally realized, "You're an Oni!"

"But we were told that Oni are dangerous and all they want to do is destroy!" Dareth exclaimed.

"We are," Mystake said darkly. "You don't want me on your bad side."

"How did you get here?" Nya wondered. "When-"

"During the time of legend," guessed Lloyd. "When she crossed over in pursuit of the First Spinjitzu Master. When he fled the Realm of Oni and Dragon."

Mystake hummed in confirmation. "You listen well, Master Garmadon. Since your grandfather was born of both worlds, our mission was to follow him into this realm and turn him to our side! Or destroy him. But he wouldn't serve. And I fell in love with this world he created," she explained. "My fellow Oni wanted to complete our mission, but I turned on them, and I have helped the First Spinjitzu Master ever since. Did you ever wonder how Master Wu and Garmadon have lived so long? It is our Oni blood."

"How have you kept this secret for so long?" asked Skylor.

"Transformation is a powerful ability," Mystake replied.

Lloyd frowned. "But if I'm part Oni, why can't I do that?"

"Transform?" Mystake assumed. "You've been doing it all your life! From a bratty child to the destined Green Ninja and now to our great leader of the Resistance. But to endure your father, you must transform again."

"Into what?" Lloyd pressed.

"There is but one final step for you, young Master. Have faith," told Mystake. "You will figure it out."

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊

Y/n remembered it all.