The bow

If I thought yesterday was crazy then I was soo wrong. Today was even more crazier since my father lead me to the garden where there was nothing to shoot at. There was also no bow or arrows or anything. All he said to me yesterday was that we gonna do this today since the heart attack was enough for him and now this? I didn't really understood what he mean with this.

Me: What are we doing here? Aren't we supposed to get me ready for the exam?

Kallego: We are.

Me: Then.... what are we doing here?

Kallego: As I said yesterday, we are gonna use the bow.

Me: There is no bow around though...

Kallego: That is because the bow and the arrows are magical. You have to create them from your own magic.

Me: ....

Oh great...

Is there something not with magic?

I don't have that thing in stock unfortunately.

How about a normal bought one?

No?

Would that be too simple?

I looked at my father quite perplexed since I knew exactly what he meant and I also knew that there was no chance I would manage it. How was I supposed to do something when I barely got a feel for the stunt yesterday? Besides it took us a whole day for me to learn about feeling stuff but not using magic. This was something entirely different. Maybe this would even fail and then what? Was I supposed to just run and never look back again?

Me: ....

Kallego: Don't look this defeated yet.

Me: But how do you expect me to do this?

Kallego: I will help you.

Me: How?

Kallego: Come here my son.

He called me over but in fact he came over to me and then behind ma back to put his hand on my shoulder and then grab one of my hands to channel some magic into them. I could feel the shift in magic or whatever it was called and a fire ball appeared in my hands. It was a ball first but then it shifted and changed into an arrow.

Kallego: You seem to have the hang out of magic but still don't know how to channel it.

Me: Huh?

Kallego: That arrow is not my doing. You changed the shape on your own.

Me: Oh... what? How am I doing this?

Kallego: Magic is something that comes natural to demons and as a half demon it should also come natural to you as well. You just never used it intentionally before.

Me: And how does this help?

Kallego: Focusin on making a bow instead of a flame.

Me: Alright....

I did as he asked and in the next minute I had a bow in my hands.

Kallego: Try to remember this exect feeling and how it is to shoot an arrow. Use your other hand and try to shot an arrow not.

Me: But there is no arrow.

Kallego: Just motion it and imagine an arrow in your other hand.

Me: Ahm... okay....

Was I the only pne that thought this wasn't making much sense at all? No? Well good because I was confused what to do but I still did what he asked me to do. It was not hard to imagine a bow since I was kinda used to actually using one. The feeling of theleather in my hand and then the strength it took me to actually fire the arrow. Everything was so clear in my mind. I could literally envision it and when I did, I started feeling it in my blood. It was a weird feeling and I couldn't really describe it all but it was there.

Kallego: Open your eyes.

I did it again. Without thinking about it, I closed my eyes to help me envision everything and when my father said to open my eyes, I did. And... well... he stopped touching me. It was me myself who was just holding a bow which was huge and it was black and beautiful in my own arms with an arrow sharp and ready to fire at any time.

Kallego: I am proud of you.

That was all he said from behind me befor ruffling my head. I did shoot that arrow up into the sky and for the rest of the day my father helped me controll the mana around me. Well the magic so I could do that in an instant. Sometimes we would even sit across each other and he would just touch my hand and we would mediate. Everything he did was for my sake but right now I was really starting to feel it. Something has changed in me. It was as if a rusty switch was slowly but surely used and flipped on.