Work

Kallego: Now then, how about we get to see what I can do. What do you suggest Iruma?

Me: Do you want to do something that includes strength or more relaxed one?

Kallego: I need something where I get plenty of time with you.

Me: Awww dad but I'll be in school half of the day as well.

Kallego: Then let me be a teacher. I have plenty of experience with that.

Me: I am not sure if school works the same here and there.

Kallego: School is school.

Me: Yeah a place of hell but you are not allowed to use magic.

Kallego: I know.

Me: Just want to make sure.

Kallego: It's fine. I know what I am doing.

Me: Then... ahm is there a laptop or something?

Kallego: What is that?

Me: *sigh* I'll get you updated on the tech but for now we have bigger problems. What are we gonna eat till you find a job and what about the money for necessities now?

Kallego: Don't worry your head about this.

Me: But... I just can't....

Kallego: I got this son.

He was a demon and I was not really sure what he meant with that but I could only believe in him. Our talk was a bit small but it was enough for now since my father decided we should take a walk around. Of course he changed our outfit with magic as well and when we started walking through this small village we were greated by soo many strangers. It felt just nice to be treated this nicely for once.

Old Lady: Ah look at you both... how great you look. Must be nice being young and enjoying your time with your son.

Kallego: It is. How about I help you out there?

Old Lady: I would appreciate any help.

We passed this old lady which had a small garden of vegetables in front of her house. Mainly just tomatoes as well as pumpkins and grapes but there were some apple trees as well. She seemed lonely since she immediately jumped to talk to us and I don't know why but I also went to help her out. Now with the help of 2 more pair of hands we could not only distribute the dirt she was putting on her little precious plants but also get some ripe ones for her. 

Old Lady: Oh no... please take them.

Me: Really? But they are something you grew with soo much care.

Old Lady: I am sure... just visit me some times. You see my son died and his grandchildren forgot about me. I would be happy to have some visiters every now and then.

Kallego: We will.

I never had thought that my father had a soft spot for humans but this whole little village was just nostalgic from what I could see. There were soo many old peoples barely any kids around my age or anyone really. It was a bit dying out and it was just sad since the houses were already falling to ruins and some were just new and looking nice from the outside.

Me: Do you know her?

When we started walking again, I couldn't help but ask since my father did chose the path we were walking and I don't really think that this was a coincidence at all. He was just too quick to jump into helping this old lady.

Kallego: I do. Your mother was taking care of her and I was helping her every now and then. She also used to help your mother out as she was living all by herself.

Me: Oh... she seems nice.

Kallego: She is. What a shame that her family is leaving this lady to rot like that.

Me: Mh... agree...

It was already late when we got back that we started to prepare something to eat. Well mostly me since my father didn't know how to cook. He had told me he could do it but after watching him burn a pan filled with water till it was setting off the fire alarm, I was sure to never leave him to the stove all by himself again. Thanks to the old lady we got some vegetables and it was enoigh to actually make something decent like a tomato soup with some eggs in it since she did give us some of her food as a thank you for spending hours helping her. She really was a nice grandmother and I just felt soo sad about the fact that they left her alone... she deserved more.